Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Confession...

I love mini-books. I love making something smaller and trying out new ways to bind the mini-book. I love using small photos in them. The thing is...I'm not so good at completing a mini-book. I guess I lose the 'momentum' part of the way through. I realize that it's easier for me to print out all the photos at once, then start working on the mini. That's what I plan to do with my China 2010 mini.

It's probably a bad sign that I have more incomplete minis than complete minis...but hopefully, I will get some motivation to slowly work through the incomplete ones once I have more time, and finish them someday!

My incomplete minis...I think I have one or two more that are not pictured here.
My completed mini-books. I'm proud to have finished them all the way until the end :)
I don't know what I was thinking the other day, but I made another mini-book, lol. At least it's blank as of now, so I can save it for a future idea or project.

The mini-book on the left was made with Studio Calico's Summer Camp (August 2010) kit. It's my newest mini :) The one on the right uses lots of old stuff from my stash. They're both blank as of now...I'm waiting for inspiration to hit!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Geralyn, those mini-books look awesome..I specially love the one done with the SC summer camp kit,it is lovely!!

    So glad to have found your blog, I love your scrapbooking style(I always check your work on the SC gallery), thanks for all the inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mini books too! It's fun to keep a basket full of them on my coffee table for people to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. geralyn, i am just impressed you make them! i'm glad to have found your blog too!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get totally nervous about minis, so I rarely ever make any. I have a few chipboard albums laying around & have one planned from my vacation this year with the Continental kit. Let's hope I finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geralyn! You have a blog! Woohoo! Love the blog and your projects here! Off to follow you:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so colorful and creative! Love' em!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, we were totally talking about you on SC and no one can believe you're 19, with the talent that you have. Jealousy over here! So glad to find your blog. Bookmarked it right away! Love those minis! I'm on a mini kick right now too. I've made three in the past month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute minis! you're not alone in having a hard time finishing them though! so excited you have a blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have grand plans to make minis (there's like 3 on my list right now!), but I have yet to make one, so you are waayyyyy ahead of me with incomplete ones. Do you make all your mini albums? If you don't mind me asking, how do you make them? So fun to see you blogging. Definitely adding you to my google reader. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful minis :-) I am so glad to have found your blog... LOVE your work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the idea of making mini-books and leaving them blank until inspiration strikes. Awesome! Since I love minis! LOL. :-) How do you usually make yours? Sometimes you bind? Sometimes you do book rings? What's the other style?

    They all look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hurrah, you have a blog! I've got you on my feeds,so I won't miss a thing.. *winks* Cute minis!!

    ReplyDelete