Friday, September 24, 2010

Hello!

Hi everyone! Making the very first post on a new blog is so intimidating. Well, I think I'll be updating sporadically, posting scrapbooking-related entries and some inspiration and photography posts here and there :) Hope you stick around, heehee.

This past summer, I spent a month in Asia. We did lots of sightseeing, visiting relatives, shopping, and eating. I even bought some art/scrapbooking supplies, which made me oh-so-very happy :)

I bought these chipboard binders at Muji. They are such a great size - perfect for future mini-books!
I couldn't resist picking up a few more rolls of Japanese washi tape :) I love their fun patterns, and thank goodness for afforable prices in Asia.
I haven't been to a real scrapbook store in such a long time, so I was excited to visit one in Singapore. Of course, their prices are more expensive than the American retail prices since the products are being imported from the US, but I picked out some items that I really wanted and weren't that much more expensive.
When we were in Shanghai, I asked my parents if I could get my Chinese name on a custom stamp as a souvenir. These kinds of stamps remind me of the olden days where people used their name stamp to sign documents and stuff. My parents both say they used to have their own Chinese name stamp when they were younger, although they've been misplaced, lol. Anyway, so I got this! My dad says I should use this stamp to 'sign' each one of my scrapbook layouts, lol.

I thought I'd end the post with one of my recent scrapbook layouts. I used Studio Calico's Back 40 kit; I love the combination of scrappy supplies , especially the exclusive SC patterned paper and vintage ruler stamp!

A scrapbook page featuring an old polaroid photo of my family that I found :)
That's all from me today. Thank you for visiting!

7 comments:

  1. ohh great goodies. i think your dad is right about the stamp :) also, I LOVE this page!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you on the blogging bandwagon!!! Love, love this page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page! Welcome to blogland! May I be your first follower?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pages!! I'll be follower #2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geralyn, welcome to blogland, I´m so glad I found your blog, I love your style, you are truely very creative!

    Great page, I like all the misting you did on the background and the circles on the page look amazing. TFS

    PS: another follower here:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love what i see here!!!! great job with the blog geralyn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are blogging! LOVE your work :) This layout is so gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete