Monday, October 4, 2010

An assortment of things!

First off, some recent layouts using Studio Calico's September 2010 (Back 40) kit. I'm hoping to make a couple more layouts with it, since I  have a bit more than a week until my October kit comes. I got my shipping notice today; it's scheduled to arrive on October 13 :)



 Also, here's a little peek of my latest project. I'm planning to make a vacation mini-book of my China trip this past summer, so I put together the divider pages over the weekend.
Here's a picture of one of the divider pages. I think my mist and the Basic Grey Basics papers are going to be bffs! I love the subtle look of the masked alphas on their basics paper for the background. Here, I sprayed seafoam green twice from really far away, then I sprayed lemon mist three times from a closer distance. I love how it turned out :) The strips are Japanese washi tape, the number cards are Sassafras (from Studio Calico's August 2010 add-on - Footpath), and the stamps are also Studio Calico. I broke out my Noah alphas, the very first SC stamp set I bought, and I received the lovely map stamp as a gift from Denise and the spirograph stamp (one of my faves!) from Erika :)

Also, this weekend, I've been on a card kick. I think it's because of World Cardmaking Day :) I finished another card, this one being requested by my mom, for a friend who helped us out with some computer problems. It literally took me only 5 minutes to put it together. I just used a whole bunch of Studio Calico stamps, some scrap white cardstock, and a strip of washi tape.

Speaking of Studio Calico and Studio Calico stamps, the SC community is the best! The ladies are so nice; I love hanging out over at the forums. I've received a lot of coveted stamps from the kindness of these girls too :) I use my SC stamps soooo much, so I'm so thankful for their generosity! Today was a happy mail day;  not only did I receive a stamp that I've been looking for for ages, but Tammy B. also gave me a beautiful card! 

Okay, I have work in about 10 minutes. Hope you guys had a lovely weekend :)

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Geralyn!
    And can't wait to see that finished mini!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards and layouts! I can't wait to see the mini album!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these layouts, Geralyn!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is incredible Geralyn - I am in awe of you!!
    Love how you used those Sass # cards for your divider pages - and that stamp - I've never seen that one before - can't wait to see what you do with that awesome little thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your layouts & I feel the same about SC! It's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is simply gorgeous! LOVE the snapshot of life layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pages and cards, Geralyn! I love how you´ve used the mist and the sassafras number cards on your page dividers, can´t wait to see that mini book, I´m sure it´s going to be beautiful! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the mini sneaks!! Can't wait to see the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pages and layouts are beautiful!!! So inspiring to me :) And that mini book? wow. Can't wait to see the whole shebang!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of these Geralyn! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Geralyn, I already commented over at SC about the Snapshots of Life layout but I'll say here again how much I love it! Your use of the stamp and the squares of pp on the navy graph paper are fab!

    Also, I became a follower of your blog last week but none of your posts have appeared in my google reader, you might need to adjust your settings?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pages, Geralyn. I love how you put together different patterned papers on the same pages (esp the Back to Reality page!) - you have this knack for taking such different ones and making them look so good. Quick question on the minis - what do you use to make the covers?? Do you use chipboards? You are really inspiring me to try one out.

    ReplyDelete