Saturday, October 2, 2010

Happy World Cardmaking Day!

Today is World Cardmaking Day, and Studio Calico is hosting a couple of challenges, so I got to work and made some quick birthday cards! I don't make cards that often - only when I need them, so making a bunch of birthday cards now will save me some time in the future when people's birthdays come up :) I used Studio Calico's August 2010 kit (Summer Camp) for these cards.


I also finished a layout for the weekly challenge on the Studio Calico blog. This week, Kelly Purkey and Kelly Noel are hosting a Fashion Inspired challenge. I made this layout, which was inspired by a picture of a ruffle shirt from Banana Republic that KP posted.
I used Studio Calico's August 2010 kit (Summer Camp) + add-on (Footpath) for this layout, as well as some embossing powder and some older Studio Calico star stamps.
Here's the inspiration piece for the layout. I was inspired by the beautiful shade of purple, as well as the scallops on the shirt.
I have a few more layouts to share, but I'll save those for another day. Thanks for visiting :)

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards and layout Geralyn, your work is always very inspiring. I was planning on doing some cards today for the SC card challenges, but I have been crazy with this LOAD (layout a day) challenge, just finished my layout for today:)Have a great weekens, Im looking forward to see your other layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that first card - the addy alpha is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, so loving the second card! i think you should give me some cardmaking lessons :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know what? you're inspiring me to make kraft-based cards now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your proejects - I love how you used the scallop paper on your layouts. I've been stumped by that thing and now I'm feeling motivated to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fun, fun layouts, geralyn! Love your layout too. love that brad in the little point!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of your cards, Geralyn - you mix patterned paper so well! I had been a card maker for a long while, but I have slowed down a bit to catch up on my scrapping lately. I did manage to make a card for WCMDay. ;)

    ReplyDelete