Sunday, October 10, 2010

Loving that bubble frame stamp.

Remember the bubble frame stamp I talked about on my last entry? Well, it's getting used a lot :) Love how versatile it is. I've been using it to make grid layouts, but it would be so cute if I just cut out one of the squares and used it as a journaling spot. I'll probably do that in a future layout :) Here are my most recent layouts using that stamp:

I made this layout for Waleska's grid challenge on the SC blog; I love grids :)
Yellow and seafoam green mist were used in the background. All the embellishments and supplies are from Studio Calico's September 2010 kit (Back 40).

The next layout was made for the Sunday Sketch (10/03) on the SC blog. The original layout was a lovely one by Kelly Noel. I had a hard time with the sketch at first, but thanks to the bubble frame stamp, I figured out how I wanted to 'execute' the layout and I managed to finish it :)
Most of the supplies are from Studio Calico's August 2010 kit (Summer Camp) & add-ons (Summer Camp & Footpath). The little flower epoxy sticker is Ki Memories, and the label sticker is Martha Stewart. I misted the title with Turquoise metallic mist.
Finally, one more layout with the bubble frame stamp! SC is hosting a challenge at TwoPeas, which involves making a project with SC products. I think it starts October 18. I finished this layout this weekend, but I'm not sure if I'll submit it at TwoPeas yet... it really depends on whether I have enough time to try making a different layout and if I do make another layout, if I like that one better or not, hehe.
The papers are all from SC's Documenatry line, while the label and alpha stickers are from Anthology and Homefront. I also used some Kaiser gems and Basic Grey micro-mono alpha stickers.
-----------------
Time to answer a mini-book question :) Maria L. asked what I used as for the covers of my mini-books. Normally, I use whatever cardboard/stiff board I have around the house...more often than not, it's bakery boxes, lol. I just cover the cardboard with some patterned paper and embellishments to make the cover. Chipboard would work great for covers; perhaps it can be purchased at an office supply or craft store. I'm not sure myself where to get it, sorry! When I'm being lazy and the mini-book is small, I just use two pieces of cardstock so the cover is a little stiffer.

Also, a question for you all. CurlyWiggles informed me that my blog posts haven't been showing up on her Google Reader; is it the same situation for you? I have no idea what settings to change on my blog so that my posts will show up for people. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

7 comments:

  1. You sure are getting your money's worth out of those stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the bubble frame stamp, but I can't see your layouts on here. Maybe an HTML code problem? Your post is showing up on Reader, but just not the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm getting your posts and photos, so nothing wrong here. I have no idea how to fix it; make google it? Love, love, love these layouts! You totally rocked that grid challenge. Love the way you used this stamp! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You officially rocked that stamp! Amazing pages!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are all totally rockin, geralyn! love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the note back on the covers. I really want to get myself over the hump and do one! And fabulous layouts (as always). Love the designs of both pages...

    ReplyDelete
  7. 19!!!! You are amazing! So talented. I hope you don't mind if I scraplift this page idea!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete