Friday, October 22, 2010

On the Easel layouts

School is so crazy busy, and unfortunately it's going to be this way until the end of the year. It's definitely cut into my free time, which means I have a lot less time to scrapbook. I've only made 4 layouts with Studio Calico's October 2010 kit (On the Easel) so far, and it's nearing Reveal Night again. Time sure does fly by. Anyway, I shared one of the four layouts last entry, so here are the other three.

This was for last week's SC Sunday Sketch, based on a beautiful layout by Tina Aszmus.
I challenged myself to use those Maya Road chipboard windows, which are so cute but totally stumped me at first. I like how this turned out though. Details can be seen here, at the SC gallery.
I challenged myself to use the chipboard frames again, because there are so many of them, and the MME diecut pp, which I wasn't too fond of (the glitter on the front side is SO messy...I hated it. Thank goodness for b-sides). I added some mist on the text paper so it'll qualify for the bookpaper/mist challenge on the SC blog this week :) Details can be seen here.
I want to work on the Sunday Sketch for this week, and I have a photo in mind. I just hope I have the time to complete it. School is seriously getting very stressful; I've even taken a shift off next week, at one of my jobs, to try to get more time in for next week's midterms, proposals, quiz and assignment. But anyway, I just have to try to manage.

PS. I uploaded these layout photos to blogger instead of my photobucket account...I wonder if that 'll solve the problem of some people being able to see my blog images while others can't...let me know :)

12 comments:

  1. Your work with this kit is utterly amazing - better than some of the DT if I may say so boldly! Keep it up and keep sharing - I'm highly inspired by you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layouts!! I haven't even opened my On The Easel but I'm really inspired to get into it after seeing your beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. KILLER AWESOME work on with On the Easel! So GORGEOUS! xx
    Loves,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your layouts! Yes, I can see the photo files now! Good luck with your school work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did with those chipboard window pieces. I don't have the kit, but I would be stumped on how to use them as well. How clever to turn them on their sides like that! Great work Geralyn! Good luck with your school stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these layouts! You have a way with color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow- these are so gorgeous! I love what you did with the window frames! Good luck with school- I'm sure you'll do great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. just so you know... it's so unfair how awesome your layouts are. seriously! ;) love them AAALLLLLL, geralyn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I stumbled over here from the SC blog where they posted your layout of the week. Congratulations! So well deserved. These layouts are all equally as beuutiful. And I love what you've done with the frames. As soon as I get my hands on my kit I reckon I'll be 'stealing' these frame ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all beautiful, Geralyn!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Geralyn, I'm not a scrapbooker, but I'm really admiring your layouts!! They are gorgeous!! I love your choice of colours, the design and the little details you place on each layout. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi! i also found your blog through the SC blog. You are so talented! I am in awe of all your pages. Love your eye for detail.

    ReplyDelete