Sunday, October 24, 2010

A quick update.

Just wanted to make a quick post before I go back to studying. I have a midterm tomorrow, eep. Wish me luck!
  • Excited to have one of my recent layouts picked for Layout of the Week over at the Studio Calico blog! 
  • Earlier this week, I posted a layout at Two Peas in a Bucket. It's my first time posting anything over there, mostly because the size of the community there has always intimidated me. But I wanted to enter one of the vendor challenges, so I put up a layout. Of all things, it was picked somehow as the Featured Project so it got a lot of views and 'likes' and what not. I'm so thankful and it made me very happy :)
    • A layout to share, the one I mentioned yesterday about wanting to make. I finished it for the SC Sunday Sketch last week, based on a layout by Stephanie Howell . It's a layout about my grandparents.
    I used Studio Calico's October 2010 (On the Easel) kit again. Details of the layout can be seen here.
    • Finally, a card I made today for a friend in the hospital. The thing I like about cards is that I can dig into my stash and use up some of my old stuff. Can't resist using some SC stamps though ;) The flower stamp is a Martha Stewart design.
     

    That's all from me today. I just want to say, thanks to all of you for leaving such kind comments on my blog entries. I love reading them and it really encourages me to continue to share my stuff! So thank you!

    8 comments:

    1. WOW Geralyn, what amazing news!! You deserve all this, your work is really amazing. Congrats on all the accomplishments, your work is always an inspiration.
      I love your take on Steph´s sketch, I hope I get some free time to work on it this week.
      Good luck on your midterm!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I LOVE the way you put the date on the tape for the layout you posted! You definitely deserve the accolades....I love your work!! I'm creatively in a huge slump right now so thanks for the inspiration!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Yay! Layout of the week is so exciting! Love your new layout.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Congrats on the layout of the week! You do amazing work and its so great that you share it with all of us- its super inspiring!

      Good luck on the midterm tomorrow!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Good for you!! Loving your layouts!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Always impressed by all the layouts you made! Congrats on the featured project! Add oil (加油)for you midterm tomorrow!!

      ReplyDelete
    7. It doesn't surprise me that your layout was featured on 2 Peas. You keep on creating such lovely stuff. I love how you use the nice bright colours against the neutral background. And the way you're always using your stamps inspires me. I have so many stamps myself and hardly ever seem to get them out :-)

      ReplyDelete
    8. girl.. you're amazing. i wish i can be young and amazing like you!

      ReplyDelete