Saturday, November 27, 2010

Emily Pitts is a genius.

Emily seriously is! I'm sure most of you have seen her amazing masking & misting tutorial on the SC blog. I finally got around to giving it a try, and it is so easy and the results are beautiful. I used it as a background for this layout today:

The rub-on borders are from my stash. I used orange sherbert and lemon maya mist for the background and the 'thankful' writing is an older Studio Calico stamp. The other little bits and pieces of supplies I did use were all from SC's October 2010 kit (On the Easel). Another view of the layout can be seen here at the SC gallery.
This layout is all Emily inspired, by the way. This layout is also for the Sunday Sketch on the SC blog - this week's sketch was based on one of Emily's Napa Valley layouts (here). Emily was also hosting the weekly challenge at the SC blog; this week's challenge was to use a full sheet of rub-ons. That's why I dug into my stash and found these old Basic Grey rub-ons.

So anyway, just wanted to give a shout-out to Emily for her awesome creativity :)

8 comments:

  1. you are awesome geralyn, thank you for making my evening :) the layout is truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily is a genius but so are YOU! Gosh, I love this layout so much. I would say it's a little bit different from your usual style, but, MAN, I love it it. The bright colors really make everything pop. Amazing as always, Geralyn. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you're using your new punches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The combo of the two of you together is blowing my socks off, girlie! I'm blinded by your awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree, emily is fantastic.....and so are you . i always enjoy seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Geralyn! I tried that tut as well and loved the results!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so pretty, geralyn! lovely!

    ReplyDelete