Saturday, November 6, 2010

Quite a happy day.

I like to use the Studio Calico Sunday Sketches and Weekly Challenges as a starting point for my layouts, especially when I'm short on time. I find the creating process is faster when I already have a design in mind or am given a challenge to work on :) This week, I combined the Sunday Sketch, based on a layout by Jen Jockish, and Sasha's Scrap Recipe 3 onto one double-pager. Happy that I completed it, especially that I finished it before the Saturday 'deadline'.

I rarely make two-pagers, but with the sketch in mind, it was really easy to pull it off. When I started working on this layout, I was feeling guilty about my ever accumulating stash, so I decided to pull out some older patterned papers and embellishments. I used some older SC stamps too, and it was fun 'rediscovering' what I had :) I scrap almost exclusively with Studio Calico kits now, but I like pulling out some of my older stuff every once in a while. Anyway, the double-pager is about our fellowship activity for Halloween the other night, which was making masks and putting on skits. It was a lot of fun.

You can see a larger version of the layout by clicking on the image, and details of this layout are over here at the SC gallery.
As you can tell, I pulled out my bubble frame stamp again for this layout :) Can't stop using that stamp!

Today was also a happy mail day! I don't know if this person wants to stay anonymous or not, so I won't mention her name. I will say that she is a member of Studio Calico and just reinforces the fact that the Studio Calico community is seriously the best. Here's the story :) A few weeks ago, I received an email from this lady, and she wanted to send me some extra number rub-ons and the birdie stamp she had from the 'Still Life' add-on (she bought two 'Still Life's). She said she thought of sending them to me because I'm around her daughter's age and I might be on a budget (which I am!). How thoughtful and sweet is that?! She is so generous! I got the package today, and lo and behold, not only did she sent the number rub-ons and birdie stamp, but some extras too. Totally made my day :)

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

  1. that's so wonderful !~ there are super sweet people out there. =) have a good one =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, how nice is that? I agree that the SC community is so great. People are really there for each other. I got a stamp from someone as well and I sent another girl (in New Zealand) some holiday Hershey's kisses because she loves them and can't get them over there. I love the people on SC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! SC is really truly the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there~I love how you used the bubble frame stamp-do you trim it out with scissors or is there a cute punch out there that you use? Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda, I wish there was a punch that matched the stamp, but I just trim out the bubble squares with scissors.

    ReplyDelete