Sunday, December 5, 2010

December Mini

I've followed Ali's December Daily mini-book each year, and I find it so inspiring. But I've never made a December Daily before, mainly because the first half of December is so busy with the end of the school term - lots of papers and the dreaded final exams. Not only am I super busy, but it would be really boring to document all the studying/schoolwork I'd be doing, lol. But I've been seeing how creative everyone's been with their December Dailies this year, and Lisa's beautiful and inspiring mini finally pushed me over the edge...I caved and decided to follow along with my own mini to document December this year :)

I worked on putting mine together on Saturday. Some things to note...I won't be doing a page each day, which is why I hesitate to call mine a December Daily...more like a December mini-book :) I'll be filling it with holiday moments and everyday activities/thoughts/stuff whenever I feel like it, that way I'm not pressured to document a story each day...especially if a day is really boring (aka I'm studying all day). I also decided not to premake the pages, simply because I find it kind of constraining. I've never been much of a planner anyway.

My goal is to finish up SC's December 2009 kit (Orchestra) - I skipped the main last year and purchased two add-ons instead (Strings & Percussion). I don't have much of it left, so hopefully after this mini is complete, I'll have used the kit enough to finish it entirely or break it down into my stash - it'll be my first time to do so! I'm also mixing in stuff from previous SC kits and my stash. Of course, my minis are never complete without using washi tape! I was looking at my collection, and I realized that the gold washi tape designs that my dad bought for me back in the summer are perfect for this December mini - the sheen on the tapes are beautiful and very festive :) I'm excited to use them.

Okay, after all that talk, time for pictures! Here's my December mini so far.

At first, I couldn't decide on what title to put on the outside cover, since I already wrote 'December' on the inside. I finally decided to go with 'joy' because it's a holiday word...I'm also a bit biased because it's my middle name ;) Love the Nadiya alpha stamps...an oldie from SC.

I couldn't resist lifting the title 'Bits & Pieces of December' from Lisa's December Daily - love that phrase.



Anti wish-lists are lists that me & my friends wrote for our Secret Santa - stuff that we don't want to get. We decided not to write wish-lists so that we would still be surprised when we exchange gifts :)


Thanks for looking! I'll be updating with the progress of my December mini every once in a while. Feel free to ask if you have any questions. Please send good thoughts & prayers to me for my finals too...hehe. My first one is this Tuesday, and my last is on December 15...it's so stressful. I cannot wait for winter break! I have lots of things that I want to do, and it'll be nice to relax. Anyway, I'm off to study. Bye!

15 comments:

  1. lovely as always, geralyn! i've been using that nadiya stamp set recently too. forgot how much i loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every page is gorgeous!! Good luck on finals!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Good luck on your exam! I missed the Nadiya set, and you're making me regret that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute Geralyn! Love the bright colors of your mini.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love this - it has inspired me to make late start to a December mini!! Thank you - I love your work so much!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous Geralyn! Good luck with the test!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is awesome. You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE LOVE!!!! the bright colors are fun!
    thanks for sharing
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful album - love, love the cover!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous geralyn! love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! so in love with every bit of this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy cow....your mini has taken my breath away. Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How is everything you do so amazing?! I love that "bits and pieces" title- i might steal that too if you dont mind :)

    And good luck on the exams-before you know it, they'll be over and you'll be enjoying the holidays!

    ReplyDelete