Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Happy day!

Thanks everyone for being excited for me re: GDT at SC this month :) Thanks for the well wishes on the finals too; I had my last exam today and I am officially done this term. SO happy to be on a break. Lots of long, rambling updates in this entry....

1) I got my SC box of goodies on Tuesday, and wow, it's like Christmas came early this year. Since my UPS notice had my box listed as 3lbs, I thought it would be the regular sized SC box, but nope, it was my first time ever getting one of SC's bigger boxes ;) It was filled to the brim with all the lovely things I ordered in December, as well as January's kit and add-ons. Oh man, you all have to get your wallets ready; January's kit and add-ons look absolutely beautiful! At the very least, you must pick up more SC patterned paper this month; the designs are definitely in my top favorites of SC's exclusive papers. Not only are the designs gorgeous, I'm digging the blue/green/yellow/beige color combination. I'm printing out some photos tonight so I can start working with the kit tomorrow. I'll definitely have sneaks to share sometime before reveal.


2) I had the pleasure of being a guest on the JBS Inspiration blog this month. I really enjoyed working with their red/black line. Follow the link here to see the layout I made.

3) Finally, a December mini-book update! I've been having so much fun with mine, and I love how bulky it's getting. I'm so glad I decided to do this project this year. I don't have pages for every single day, but that's okay...it's getting quite full anyway :) My SC December 09 kit patterned papers are almost all down to scraps (which means I'm moving towards my goal to finish up that kit!), so I've started pulling papers and embellishments from past SC kits to use in my mini. My room is an absolute mess, but that means I'm being creative, right? Hehe... I've also pulled out all my SC stamps, and it's been fun using some of the older designs again. Love love love my SC stamps. Okay, here are some more pages to share:








As always, let me know if you have any questions, and I'll try my best to answer them. Oh, if you noticed in my photo above of some of my SC happy mail, I picked up the SC Days of the Week stamp set, Doilies stamps, various colors of Mister Huey, and the Making Memories Noel envelopes. I'm excited to use them in my December mini!

I'll end this post with some December Dailies that I'm loving and are inspired by (other than Ali's, which is a given!).... Kelly Goree, Elizabeth KartchnerLisa, Vee, Denise Nichols, and Wilna Furnstenberg. What are some of your favorite DDs this year?

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your mini-book! And congrats on the JBS gig!! Yay!! And again, congrats on being the SC GDT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I said this before, but I really, really LOVE your Dec. Daily. It's fabulous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. W-O-W - your daily rocks! Makes me want to call in sick to work and do some lifting from yours for my own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fun!!!!
    I am so loving your blog and your creativity.

    I have a question about the photo of your goodie box- what is the brand of the weekday stamps (monday, tuesday, etc.) I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daily is so much fun! I'm glad you decided to do it, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I smiled when I saw your layout on JBS! The colors were a challenge for me, but soo much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. eeeeek!! loving all the SC goodies =) i got a big box this time to lol first time ever! =)
    the Dec daily is looking fabulous
    xo
    p.s contrats on SC guest!! can't wait to see what you make

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much scrappy goodness in this post! Congrats on all of recent successes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVED your JBS layout, Geralyn. This mini-album is incredible, too. Wowzers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your talent amazes me!!! Question on the binder you are using- kind of looks like a book but I can't tell. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly, for my 2010 DD (in this blog post), I just used binder rings :)

      Delete