Monday, January 10, 2011

I am determined...

to finish my December mini. I've completed some pages up to December 17, and I'm planning to end it at December 25. One week left...I will finish it, even if it takes me until the end of February! Ha! My book is getting so fat that I had to switch out my binder rings...I think I'm using 2" ones now.

(left): I misted and masked some snowflakes with Lunch Tray Mister Huey. Very subtle - I like it a lot. 
(right): My first time using White Mister Huey - so awesome! 

(left): My first time using one of the Studio Calico doily stamps. I heat embossed the stamped image with an opaque white, and it looked gorgeous. I really love it :)

(right): I brought home a big doily from a restaurant I went to (lol, the design was too pretty!), and I used it as a mask here. I misted this with Schoolhouse Mister Huey and the results were great! Love the Days of the Week stamp set as well...this was the first time I used it.

(left): I used the Studio Calico grid stamp and jet alpha stamp set to make a background. I also used some new things that I purchased during SC's Black Friday sale - the cute birdies stamps, the smile stamp, and the pink button :)
(right): Mist is Applejack - I love the shade of green.

(right): This page was a little plain, so I stamped the background with Studio Calico's snowflake stamps (from the December 2010 Busy Sidewalks add-on), using Broken China distress ink. It definitely cheered up the page!

As always, let me know if you have any questions, and I'll try my best to answer them. Happy Monday!

13 comments:

  1. I love your book so much! The page with the doily as a mask is way too cool! I'm gonna have to go try that technique! Thank you so much for sharing, its always a pleasure to look at your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your misting Geralyn, you always inspire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing, as always, geralyn! love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving it, geralyn! i'm only up to the 17th, too - and determined to finish.

    did you see that ali switched out her bulky binder rings for twine?? i'm thinking i might try that when i'm done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geralyn, I love all of the masking/misting you have done! Don't you just love that white embossing powder? I really think it pops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous, Geralyn! I am always inspired by your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oi! that white misting is definitely gorgeous! the whole book is just beyond fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You are so talented! I am your newest 48th follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is absolutely awesome. I love your taste!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello:)
    I would like to know, what inspires you to make scrap books and how you first started. Cause I like scrapbooking ALOT but i just don't know how to start:/ Any ideas?
    THANKS:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruqaiyah, I started scrapbooking back in high school. It combined my love of photography and playing with paper, so it was a natural fit! I started by making a mini-book for a friend and from there, decided I enjoyed it so much I wanted to scrapbook for myself. You can start any way you'd like - just print out photos and get some paper, cardstock, a journaling pen, and adhesive. If you want to document your life but you're afraid of committing to so much scrapbook stuff, you can also check out doing Project Life (at Becky Higgins' site - http://beckyhiggins.com) :)

      Delete