Saturday, January 1, 2011

Top 10 Layouts of 2010

Happy 2011 everyone! I'm spending the first day of the year relaxing at home...catching up with some shows and scrapbooking. It's been very low key and nice :) I love seeing everyone Top 10s of 2010, so I went through my own scrapbook and picked my top 10 layouts of 2010. It was pretty hard to narrow them down, but here they are, in no particular order:

Never Stop Being Creative - This layout was just a lot of fun to make. I love the look of mixing the Nadiya and Noah alphas, and this was one of my first attempts at splattering paint on a layout. I thought it was pretty smart of me to use the Hambly stitching rub-on to 'stitch' the circular photo ;)

Dream - One of my favorite layouts of all time, to date. I was so inspired by the bubble chipboard piece in Studio Calico's May 2010 kit (Granny's Cupboard) that I attempted to recreate a similar design with white cardstock and my circle cutter. This layout took a lot of time, but I'm so happy with how it turned out.

Island Bliss - The layout design is pretty simple, but these photos from an old family vacation make me really happy :) I love looking through my photo albums and scrapping photos from my childhood!

Japan (mini-book) - Click here to see the inside pages. I've mentioned before that I often start mini-books and never finish them, so I'm happy that I finished this mini-book in a day, even if it took me all day, haha. Using primarily Studio Calico's Homefront and Anthology lines, as well as printing out all the photos before hand, made it pretty easy to put together :)

BBQ - Love this layout, mostly because it was one of my first time using mists (I used some diluted acrylic paint and a spray pump to make my own spray mist, before I began purchasing Maya Mists and Mister Hueys). This was pretty much what turned me into a mist addict :) They are so much fun to use!

Make Art Today - More misting fun. I love this layout because it's whimsical and a little different from my usual layouts. It has some good documentation about how art has been an important part of my life since I was a child as well. This layout was also published in Scrapbook Trends' December 2010 issue :)

Love - I love circles and I love this polaroid photo of my family. I also really love the cute Addy alpha set and I'm glad I used it here...that pretty much summarizes why this layout is one of my favorites of 2010.

Snapshot of Life - I love Tina Aszmus' 'currently...' blog posts, so I've been scrapping my own 'currents' every once in a while. (Reminds me...I haven't made one in a awhile!) I think they'll be interesting to look back to, so I'm glad I'm scrapping them. Also, I love Studio Calico's navy grid pp!

Friday Lunches - I've made some great friends this year, and I'm glad I made a layout about our weekly Friday lunches together. I used some of my favorite SC stamps on this page too - the polaroid stamp, the Addy alpha, and the herringbone stamp :)

Stories are Gifts - I know I just shared this layout in my last entry, but this is also one of my favorite scrapbook layouts ever. Mister Huey Lunch Tray is such a gorgeous shade of blue-green, and I love the stamps in Studio Calico's January 2011 kit and add-ons. Once again, I dug up some old but favorite childhood photos to scrap :)

I think 2010 is the year that I've scrapped the most. I only started at the end of 2007, and I remember taking a couple months break in 2008. Honestly, I think buying Studio Calico kits, after my LSS closed down in 2009, has pushed me to be more creative and also, has made it easier for me to scrap (since all the products are picked out for me!). Yay :)

Aaaand, that's it. Hope you all are having a lovely first day of Twenty Eleven!

11 comments:

  1. Geralyn, I really enjoy your scrapbook pages. My favorite of this bunch is definitely "stories are gifts", closely followed by "dream". Thank you for taking the time to recap them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pages! I love the 'Sy family' one the most. It just speaks to me! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've loved seeing your pages in 2010. i think 'never stop being creative' and 'stories are gifts' are my favourite of this bunch though. Here's to a happy and creative 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all wonderful, my dear! Hope you had a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how you chose! All of them are wonderful and so inspiring is SO many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love ALL that you have done...GORGEOUS creations!
    Happy New Years to you as well.
    xoxo
    Loves,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're one of my favorite designers, girl!! keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Geralyn, I love all the pages you create! I found you through SC. Question for you, how are you getting those wonderful circles? Your "Dream" page is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful pages!!
    Kisses from Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Jenny - Sorry I'm getting back to you so late. I use my Fiskars circle punches and a Fiskars circle cutter when I cut out circles for my pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pages are fabulous--seriously I am finding alot of inspiration here--tfs!!!
    Love your style :-)

    ReplyDelete