Friday, February 18, 2011

New love!

Just posting a quick entry today. In my latest Studio Calico box which I got last Monday, I picked up some JBS dye inks. I don't own a lot of ink pads, and since I've been hearing rave reviews on how well the JBS inks work with acrylic stamps, I decided to use up a couple SC gift cards and purchase some. I got Stick Candy, Lemon Drops, Seed Packet, Spice Tin, and Chewing Gum. I tried them out, and I love them! The images are pretty crisp and the colors are pretty. The next colors on my list are Chicken Feed and perhaps Malted Milk.

Here are two of my most recent layouts that I made, using Studio Calico's Candy Shoppe (February 2011) kit. I had fun using lots of different inks :)
layout details can be seen here.
Tim Holtz Distress inks used: pumice stone, tumbling glass, broken china, barn door
JBS Dye inks used: spice tin, lemon drops, chewing gum, seed packet. stick candy
layout details can be seen here.
For the 2/13 Sunday Sketch on the SC blog. I pulled out some older SC stamps: the buttons (one of my all-time faves!), addy alpha, and the date stamp. JBS inks used: stick candy, chewing gum, spice tin, and lemon drops.

Happy Friday everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Love your layouts!!I too think the JBS inks are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a way w/ the stamps, girlie. love these pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that stamping on the first layout and the way you used the rainbow paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layouts! I'm loving my JBS inks too!

    ReplyDelete