Monday, March 28, 2011

From Pinterest to Page (#1)

I am loving Pinterest! It's such an awesome site and it's cool to have all my inspiration pieces grouped together on my boards. This is the first time I'm actually saving inspiration I find on the internet :) Loooove it. I thought it would be fun to kind-of do a blog series, about using the inspiration I've pinned and transforming it onto my scrapbooking pages. There wouldn't be a set date that I post a layout inspired by pinterest stuff...just something different and sporadic every once in a while. Lo and behold, Christine Middlecamp is doing just that on the Crate blog (Inspire then Create). Great minds think alike? Heehee. Christine's work is beautiful! You should check it out, if you haven't done so already. I've taken a more literal approach with the lifting of ideas to use on my pages.

Anyway, I've been really fond of big chevron prints these days. I've been seeing them as wallpapers, carpets, prints, etc. LOVE! Here's one of my favorite images...a chevron rug :)

[img]

I also love fun banners. This particular one caught my eye...

[img]

I decided to lift both elements and use them to make a scrapbook page. Here is the layout that I came up with...
I did a lot of handcutting for this one. I hand cut the mini banner, the letters for the title, and i also handcut the chevron design (I drew a template in Photoshop first). I'm quite happy with how it turned out! :) I wanted the chevron to be more subtle than the bold black and white chevron rug, so I picked this beautiful light blue Crate exclusive paper (from the Studio Calico February 2011 kit - Candy Shoppe) to be set against the white cardstock.

Here are some close-up shots...



That was fun! I hope you all enjoyed it :) Happy Monday!

13 comments:

  1. I love this! Great job translating those things to the layout! Pinterest is really quite genius if you ask me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't jumped on the Pinterest wagon yet. But I think I'm going to soon. Love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you. AMAZE. me.
    that is all.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an incredible layout!! And I love seeing the inspiration pieces as well - great post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous page. love your idea of turning pinterest inspiration into pages!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful layout! I will have to try that chevron pattern soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So awesome! Thank you for sharing the process! Love pinterest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great inspiration! I love that banner in the photo, and how you worked the idea into that LOVELY page!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the layout! And love the inspiration images--so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's unreal great! What a fantastic job you did of transferring your inspo to a scrapbook page! In love with that!

    ReplyDelete