Sunday, March 13, 2011

I love scrapbooking.

  • I love the creative process. I've always been a bit artsy so I enjoy combining papers and patterns and embellishments. I love experimenting, trying new things, and making pretty things too, haha! Plus, it's so satisfying to make a page that I love.
  • I love being able to document memories...especially everyday things that I'd probably forget after a couple of months. I especially love making mini-books and layouts for vacations and travels too...I was just looking at my Europe scrapbook with my mom the other day, and it was so much fun reminiscing about what we did on our trip.
  • I mostly scrap for myself, but I think it's pretty cool that I've been blessed with a couple of opportunities to be a little bit part of this industry...like getting layouts published in Scrapbook Trends and guest designing at Studio Calico back in January. 
  • The people I've 'met' online because of this hobby are wonderful. I consider Studio Calico to be my online scrappy home. Love the people there and the community in general is so encouraging and positive! In fact, I just got a lot of happy mail this past week, in the form of old SC stamps that some generous Studio Calico members/DT sent me :) I'm especially stoked about finally getting my hands on the 'Remember this Moment' and 'GoSeeDo' stamp sets, both of which are 2008 stamp sets that I've been wanting for a long time now.
  • To round it up at 5, scrapbooking products are all in all fun and they make me happy :) 
Hope you all had a lovely weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Wow LOVE LOVE LOVE
    they are all amazing, i especially love the first one it is so bright and vibrant and just WOW
    i love all the circles in the Europe one WOW
    and the card is beautiful
    anyway just more for me to lift from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have amazing talent!
    And are such an asset to the SC community :)

    P.S. I love scrapbooking, too :)
    Isn't it great that we have such a hobby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the layouts and the tri-fold card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've inspired me to pull out the metal frames again - wasn't sure what to do with them either. LOVE your pages!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are beautiful - you're making me want to dig out my woodgrain stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are ALL beautiful (as always). Your use of color & stamping is so inspiring to me. I always hesitate to use my stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Just wanted to say how much I love your style! My Studio Calico kit arrived at the weekend and I lifted from one of your pages that I really loved - totally pleased with the results. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Geralyn, your creativity is amazing! I loved reading about why you love scrapbooking. And I super loved that Europe page with your famous circles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your siblings layout- you are the stamp queen. Thank you for the inspiration! I left you some love on my blog: http://meplus2.wordpress.com/2011/03/20/spreadin-the-love/

    ReplyDelete