Monday, March 21, 2011

Sharing a stamp idea

I had a stamp idea over the weekend, so I tried it out and it worked beautifully. I thought I would share an easy tutorial on what I did :) It is about combining background stamps and 'frame' stamps!

What you need:
- any kind of background stamp, and any stamp that has a 'frame' design
- ink pads (you can use a lighter shade and darker shade of one color, or just stick with one ink pad...)
- cardstock
- scissors

1. Ink your background stamp and stamp it on a piece of cardstock. (Since I scrap 8.5x11" pages, I have lots of  3.5x12" cardstock scraps).
(Ink: JBS Stick Candy dye ink. American Crafts white cardstock.)

2. Ink your 'frame' stamp. If it's a journaling block stamp like the one I'm using here, carefully ink the 'frame' part of the stamp only and wipe off any excess ink that gets on the inner portion of the stamp.
(Ink: JBS Seed Packet dye ink.)

3. Stamp the frame stamp on the cardstock that has the background stamp design.


4. Simply cut out the stamped frame and you're done! I have the real estate punch, so I used that to punch out the image.

It's a fun and easy way to combine your stamps, huh? :) Here are some other stamp combinations I tried. (SC real estate sign stamp + SC grid stamp, SC pinked circle stamp + SC woodgrain stamp, SC pinked circle stamp + SC grid stamp, and Making Memories journaling block stamp + SC woodgrain stamp).

I used two of the stamped images on a recent scrapbook page I made this weekend:

Hope you enjoyed the tutorial! I thought it was a little boring that all I've been sharing these past few blog entries are my recent scrapbook pages, so I decided to change it up a little. But I'll be back soon with a few more pages I made over the weekend. Happy Monday, friends!

16 comments:

  1. I am so glad you posted this, b/c I was trying to figure out how you did the green label stamp + woodgrain. I for one, hope that you sell some more of your gorgeous labels that you created and punched out. I would love to have some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another simple, but "why didn't I think of that?" idea!
    Thanks for sharing and the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stamp combos you made! And that pinked circle, sigh, it's my true love in stamp form. I love, love, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well isn't that a great idea?!! Never would have thought of it! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you made the stamped embellishment into a title element!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool!! I love the page with the punched circle border- so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing the tutorial, those are GREAT stamp combos too! LOVE your page too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look awesome, was to get more use out of your stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great idea geralyn! thanks for sharing...you inspire me to use my stamps again and again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously brilliant!
    P.S. Your blog is NEVER boring, so be sure never to use that word again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. GREAT stamp idea!! And, that LO of yours, is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. FUN!!! Love that last card. The woodgrain/real estate sign combo is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  13. these are great, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete