Thursday, March 24, 2011

Two more weekend layouts.

I find that I scrap the most during the weekend, usually because the week is so busy with school and work. Anyway, as promised, here are two more layouts I completed last weekend.

I've always wanted to try making a 'twine' trail on a page...love how it turned out. My Martha Stewart glue pen was so handy and made it easy to do this!

I rarely make double-pagers, but since Kelly Noel issued a 'scrap outside your box' challenge on the SC blog last week, I gave it a try. It also helped that I used the Crate March sketch to put this together. I've discovered that as long as I keep it clean and neat, double pagers aren't that scary :)


In other news, remember the China mini-album sneak peek that I posted way back when? I hadn't worked on it since then...but I finally pulled it out again recently and I'm progressing slowly through it. I love documenting travels and vacations with mini-books. It'll be a while before I finish this one, but I will share it once it's done :) I also have to photograph the last few pages of my December 2010 mini to share here...eep. I'm slightly embarrassed that it's taken me so long to finish it! The remaining pages will be a blog post in the future though...probably some time in April. Anyway, enough mini-book talk! I'm glad y'all liked the stamp tutorial last post. Thank you for leaving comments!

12 comments:

  1. Geralyn, your layouts are always so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want mango now!! and you're so talented I can't stand it! LOL :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. The twine turned out great and it's really a fabulous two pager! I think simple can be really, really great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love that first layout - such great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love both of these - the twine trail is on my "to-try" list as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you should definitely do more two pagers

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love these especially the one with the twine!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GREAT LO's, and also loving the one with the twine! Love your use of color - such happy LO's!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great LOs! LOVE the twine trail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are great pages! i love your combination of papers on the first one. (and you've sold me on the MS glue pen...hoping it's not sold out on sunday!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely as always! Perfect use of the twine!

    ReplyDelete