Thursday, April 28, 2011

China Travel Mini-book - Part 1

I was going to post the first half of my China travel mini-book next week, but I've been excited to share it, so I thought I might as well post it now :) I went to China (Shanghai and Hangzhou) with my parents last summer, and we spent six days there. We did lots of fun stuff...so much stuff that my mini-book got quite fat. I had a hard time finding large binder rings to hold the book together until I finally scored 3" and 3.5" rings at the local Japanese dollar store. I ended up using the 3.5" rings, to give the book a little more 'room'.

I'm posting the first half of the mini-book today, since there are quite a few images. I'll have some more info about supplies/putting the mini together in my second mini-book post :)


Here are the inside spreads for days 1-3. You can click on any of the images to see a larger size, if you want.



















Let me know if you have any questions, and I'll try my best to answer them. I'll be back with part 2 soon!

21 comments:

  1. looks awesome
    cant wait to see more

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge fan of your minis!! Can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This is amazing. I love your style - I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it. It looks like you had a blast - I can't wait to see the rest of the album.

    I love how you lay things out and your handwriting is super neat!

    Thanks for sharing xo Lou.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the mini-book queen! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The album looks great - love the bright colors!

    BTW, your kit went postal straight after Easter. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very colorful!! Love it!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE IT!! This is not my first time visiting your blog hehe i love all your work! Anyways i hope you dont mind me asking.. How did you do the big china font? :)) and how many papers did you used for this mini album? I'm planning to do a mini album for London trip this summer! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Geralyn, love the bright colors! Gorgeous mini!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dt, the other half - I cut the letters for the 'China' title from an older Cosmo Cricket patterned paper - here's the picture: http://www.qbaroo.com/cosmocricket/images/csp447mondaylg.jpg
    It's from their Girl Friday line! As for the patterned paper, I'm not sure how many I used...I just used whatever papers were in my Studio Calico kits. Maybe 20 sheets or so, since I combined two kits? Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. THis is amazing!! course everything you make is!!! =))I just love mini books, I'm working on mine from a trip up the Oregon coast I took with my husband.
    I was just wondering what size it was and how many pages you ended up with??
    thanks for sharing!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! It turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Christina - The mini-book is approximately 6x6". The covers are 6.5x6.25", and most of the inner pages are 6x6". There are also a couple odd-sized pages, for more journaling and for pockets to hold tickets/memorabilia. I just counted, and there's 36 double-sided pages + a front and a back cover :) Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love travel journals, they are so fun to look at, yours is Amazing! can't wait to see the rest of it.
    =Di

    ReplyDelete
  14. AMAZING Geralyn! Seriously some good stuff here. I just love a great mini and this is definitely one of my fave projects that you've done. I especially love the non-photo layouts with all the journaling. So cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great mini! Absolutely love how you used the "go see do" stamp and cut around it for the edges for a bubble/bumpy edge! May have to lift that idea.

    ReplyDelete