Monday, April 4, 2011

Sharing a layout and a little preview

So this is the last week of school, then I have five exams all spread out until the end of April. Kind of crazy how time has flown by! Summer really is close now :) I'm excited. Anyway, I have a layout to share and a little preview of my China mini-book that I've been working on.

I just recently bought Worn Lipstick distress ink, and it's a gorgeous shade of pink :) I used it for all the stamping in this layout. The mist at the bottom of the page is Maya Mist Raspberry Pink... so glad I picked it up at SC when they were clearing out their Maya Mists.

I've been making a couple of China mini-book pages a week, and it's turning out really well. I'm nowhere near done though. Majority of my supplies are from Studio Calico's July 2010 kit (Continental) and August 2010 kit (Summer Camp), but I did pull some out some things from my stash that coordinate nicely. I love being able to use my stash! I'll talk more about the mini once the whole book is finished, but here's a little preview. Most pages are 6x6" and I'm using bookrings (for now) to bind it.

Here's one of the inner pages. The picture is really wide so I had to shrink it because I don't want to mess up the margins. But you can click to enlarge the picture :)

This one is one of my favorite spreads [at the World Expo in Shanghai]. Most of the pages in the mini-book are just words + photos, but the page on the right is a pocket.

Inside the pocket is a passport we bought at the Expo. At each country's pavilion we visited, there was an area to get our passport stamped. It was a fun idea and I loved having the passport as a souvenir!

 Here's a picture of one of the passport's inner pages.

I'm currently working on the pages for Day 4, and our trip was six days in total. I haven't made the front and back covers yet...I plan on leaving those last. The book is already so fat...I got picture-happy with Day 2, which was the World Expo day, haha. Anyway, hope you enjoyed the peek into my latest project ;)

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Your stuff is always so great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, beautiful stuff. love how you made a grid with the twine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layout is beautiful and the mini is absolutely stunning xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sooo lifting this page and I adore your mini! Your work is amazing - which might be a very large understatement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh love the layout!! And the mini is really amazing! You do great work with minis!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful layout and mini! You are very inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your min book is stunning. Love that pocket page with the words. Is that a stamp? Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the grid on that layout and I LOVE the mini!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gioconda - Yup, the 'GoSeeDo' phrase is an older Studio Calico stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love that page - awesome stamping!! and your mini is perfect - that envelope page is a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The layout is beautiful! I really love the colour of the ink, I think that one is a must have. The mini album is gorgeous too! What a souvenir!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love your twine grid geralyn!!! and the go see do page in your mini? wow. wowwowwow. i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love that layout!! And your mini is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wowowowow! the twine gird is SO cool, geralyn! and that mini is amazing. love your work so much!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE that page! super awesome! in awe of the mini! i wish i could do them! LOVE the go see do stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful work my young friend. you amaze me every time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whoa. Way to work the stamps there!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the "Go See Do" border- fantastic detail in a truly inspiring mini.

    ReplyDelete