Friday, July 22, 2011

Seoul: Stationery Finds

When I found out we were going to Seoul for a couple of days in the beginning of July, one thing I was looking forward to was checking out Korean stationery stores. I've loved pretty stationery ever since I was a little girl, and I remember collecting lots of pretty sheets of paper. (I guess my love of stationery has extended to scrapbooking now...hence my stash of pretty patterned paper!)

Anyway, I was lucky that we stumbled upon a lot of great stationery stores. Here's a photo of one (they sold homeware items and an assortment of other things, along with paper goods)...

The store's collection of washi tape was pretty impressive. I was so tempted to buy all the lovely rolls, but then I made myself narrow down my selection and put some back, since I do have a stash of washi tape at home.

Stationery makes me happy! I ended up buying these tapes: (the red lace tape is actually paper tape, not washi tape)

Here are some of the paper goods I ended up coming home with...notebooks, sticky notes, stickers, paper pads, and airmail envelopes. The best part was that they were all pretty cheap!

One of my favorite things I bought was that 'Bon Voyage' notebook. The inner pages were filled with little travel-related doodles and some travel photos. I might turn that book into a travel mini-book in the future :) Here are a couple photos of the inner pages.

I definitely plan on incorporating my Korean stationery purchases into my Seoul travel scrapbook! I've already started working on it...can't wait to share once it's finished :)

15 comments:

  1. I love stationary as well, and I'm not sure if I would have been able to limit myself! Love that book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omgoodness, that little book is too cute! so can't wait to see your mini.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that all looks like so much fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, wow, really cool store! do you mind telling me where is the exact location of the store in korea? planning to go soon..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooooo jealous! That store looks amazing! I have always been a lover of stationary too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love stores like that. The washi tape is fabulous and the book, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my, love that days of the week washi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, wow! I would have gone insane in that store. Your finds are just amazing. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the washi and your SC projects totally gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome goodies!! I, too, have an utter fascination & love of stationary. I think that's what got me into papercrafting! Wonderful finds & great projects!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i would probably spend my whole paycheck in that store. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do I ever miss Asia .. YES looking at this post just reminded me of how much. I need to go back .. for another 4 years LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Akiko store - the photo is from a store in Hongdae. You should check out that area...there are some great stationary stores there :) Also, Artbox and Kyobo bookstore have lots of stationary. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  14. cute cute cute! Love the bon voyage notebook. And well done for resisting all that washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what was the store called and where was it?

    ReplyDelete