Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Mini Pockets

I have a simple tutorial that went up on the Crate Paper blog yesterday (here). It's about using die-cut pieces to make mini pockets for layouts. Hope you check it out!

Here's the layout I made to accompany the tutorial. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, and I really love the turquoise polka dot paper from the Farmhouse collection. I definitely need multiple sheets of those! This layout makes me smile :) The photo is from the maternity shoot I did with my sister, at the end of July - she was 33 weeks pregnant at that time. "Waiting for September" refers to my sister's due date, which was supposed to be in the middle of September, but the baby came out early! I officially became an aunt last week :)


Anyways, with school starting up again soon, and work on top of that (back to working two jobs), it's going to be busy, so I'm not sure if I'll be blogging much. But I'll still be checking in here and there once in a while. Have a great day!

10 comments:

  1. i love pockets on layouts =)
    thanks for sharing
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this layout yesterday on the CP blog and fell in love! I adore what you did with the pockets, and that photo of your sister's belly is precious. Congrats on the new bundle of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great page - the pocket is adorable and your photo skills are just as amazing as your scrapbooking skills!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is just amazing, I think I just want to type this so quickly so I can go back for another look, so much detail and I just love it all, xx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. really pretty, and the sewing just makes it perfect. Lovely LO :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, Geralyn! And, congrats to you on being an Aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I love the photo...and the colors of the layout are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete