Monday, August 29, 2011

Party Decor

It's been quite busy these days, with lots of last minute activities before summer officially comes to a close. If you remember from a while back, I posted a paper garland I made for my sister's baby shower. The baby shower happened a couple Sundays ago, and here are some pictures of the decorations for the party. We kept it very simple. Blue, orange & green was the color scheme, with no theme in particular.

Here is a picture of the fireplace area. I made some paper hot air balloon mobiles to put around the room; three of them went above the fireplace. I'm glad I got to use up some of my patterned paper stash to make them :) The mantel was decorated simply, and I added a paper garland (posted here). CGV is the baby's initials.

Here is a close-up of what's on the mantel. From left to right: a monkey photo clip stand, Sophie the giraffe, a little easel with a photo from the maternity shoot I shot, a cute elephant I bought from Thailand 10 years ago, and another animal photo clip stand (that's a bear, sheep, and giraffe). We didn't have any photos for the photo clip stands, so instead, I punched out two doilies using Martha Stewart's vintage doily punch.

Here is a close-up of another group of hot air balloons elsewhere in the room. We also did the usual and strung streamers around the room :)

I also made cupcake toppers for the cupcakes my sister baked and frosted. The elephants were made with a super cute Martha Stewart punch. I love how the ears pop out.

One last thing I did was pre-make a bunch of circles for people to write messages or parental advice to my sister & brother-in-law. It was really simple...I used white cardstock and I stamped some journaling lines on the front of each circle, and then I stamped the Studio Calico boy silhouette and a few button stamps on the back of each one. I bound it together with a binder ring. I forgot to take a picture though!

Anyway, I think my tutorial for Crate will be on the Crate blog soon, so I'll post again when it's up. Thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

  1. Geralyn, you did an amazing job! Those hot air balloon mobiles are perfect! I would have loved to have had some of those when my son was little - decorated his room wit hot air balloons. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you make those balloons? Did you freehand it or follow a tutorial?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erica: Nope, no tutorial. I made the balloons freehand - just drew a template by hand and traced it on a bunch of patterned papers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The decorations came out so beautiful! You did awesome. I love all of the details and the layout is just gorgeous...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh those elephants are seriously cute! Love the balloons too. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete