Thursday, August 11, 2011

These days...

These days, I've been busy making decorations for my sister's baby shower. No theme, although she picked an orange/green/blue color scheme. I've made some cupcake toppers, hot air balloon mobiles, and paper garlands so far. Quite a bit more to do before Sunday though!


I haven't made a scrapbook layout in a week, but I've been busy working on a new travel mini-book. I'm creating the mini-book to summarize the first China tour we were part of this summer (we followed two different tours in our two weeks in China). The book is still in its early stages, but it's progressing nicely :) I'll share the book once I'm finished.

I do have some Crate Paper layouts to share today though! These went up on the Crate Paper blog yesterday. I am officially in love with the new collections :) The colors and patterns are awesome...I can't choose a favorite line from the three new ones.

The first layout is with Crate's new Peppermint collection. I still have some Christmas events to scrapbook from last year, and this line was the perfect one to use. I kept it pretty simple, although the hanging ornaments that I cut out from one of the patterned papers were a little time consuming. I like how it turned out though.

The second layout I made uses the Random collection. I decided to create a zigzag pattern using the beautiful patterned papers to show how pretty they look together :) This layout is about my new haircut that I got back in June.

My Studio Calico August kit came today, and it's so lovely. I think I'll do some scrapping today! Have a good day, everyone :)

8 comments:

  1. I am continuously amazed by your creations! If only I had your talent ;)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely Geralyn. I especially love that paper garland! And the mini!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love mini books. any chance on putting together a mini tutorial on that binding?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks great! Love the color scheme for the baby shower...congrats to your sister! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geralyn! I feel inspired to create Xmas LOs seeing yours now! And I LOVE the second one! Those chevrons are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forgot! Baby garland is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. can I just say that you're one of my scrapbooking heroes? LOVE your style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that garland! Can't wait to see more of your China book and loving the layouts!

    ReplyDelete