Monday, September 19, 2011

Crate Layouts

Yikes, I've definitely fallen behind in posting my layouts. I have a couple of layouts that have gone up on the Crate blog recently. First, these two layouts were posted as part of CP's Designer Showcase.

This is a vacation picture from China. I wanted to use up my scraps so I laid out my strips of paper scraps into a sort of patchwork. Super easy! I used Crate's Random collection - love the pink woodgrain :)

I really love this photo with my friends. We took it with a simple point&shoot camera, but the lighting was perfect with the setting sun behind us, so we got a pretty shot. This layout also uses Crate's Random collection.

This next layout is part of a tutorial I wrote for the Crate Paper blog. Since I don't have a Cricut/Silhouette/digital cutter, I often put my craft knife and scissors into good use. The tutorial on the Crate blog (here) shows how I put together the 'joy' title on this layout :) I mainly used Crate's Peppermint collection for this; it's such a great holiday line!

I think I'm all caught up now. I have yet another busy week ahead with school & work, but I hope to post some Studio Calico October sneaks sometime. I  can't believe SC reveal night is just a little over a week away!

7 comments:

  1. These are ALL fantastic! On the first I really like the patchworked block, on the second the mix of reds and pinks is COOL! and the third has a lot of great dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the 'Joy' layout! Really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work really inspires me Geralyn. I need to study it more to learn what makes it soo special. T so much FS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of them, Geralyn! I especially love the Together layout with the bolder colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layouts Geralyn! Love all the color combos you used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you make me want to scrap so badly! i love your dimension and the clusters of patterned paper. so beautiful geralyn:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you used a craft knife for that word? I bow down to you- that is expert level cutting. My edges are always jagged and messy. These Crate pages are amazing- so much wonderful complexity here with the colors and patterns- it's amazing. The together page is gorgeous- love that nice large doily circle over the photo.

    ReplyDelete