Tuesday, September 27, 2011

SC Field Guide Revealed!

Studio Calico's October kit, Field Guide, is now live :) This was such a fun kit to work with and the Sassafras exclusives are amazing! Did I mention the American Crafts washi tape in the main kit? Yay!

Just a recap....this month, I got add-on 1 (Perennial), add-on 4 (Almanac), and the add-on 3 birds on the wire stamp. I had a few things already from add-on 2 (Greenhouse) so I used those as well. Shop items I used: Farmhouse alpha stickers, Farmhouse phrase stickers, and My Mind's Eye brads!

Seoul: This month, the design team had a special assignment to make a pinterest inspired layout. This was mine! I've always loved the idea of a polaroid heart on a wall, but I don't have any place to do one. So I thought the next best thing was to make a layout version. Also, starting this month, the DT members will each be making a layout with the main kit only.  So this was my main kit only layout as well :) Hope this will provide you all with more inspiration. One last thing, the arrow stamp was stamped with Versamark and embossed with apricot Zing.

What a Surprise: This next layout was made with mainly Perennial, although I did use the Basic Grey alpha stickers from Field Guide and a few Crate stickers. I decided to start with the awesome circles background stamp. I carefully stamped the stamp several times on kraft cardstock (using JBS Speckled Egg dye ink), to make my own background. After that, I filled in some of the circles with the super cute BG buttons in Perennial and outlined a few others with my favorite white pen. I also cut out some of the 'diamond' shapes in between the circles with my Fiskars fingertip craft knife.

Party Details: This was a pretty simple layout to make. I used bits from Field Guide, Perennial, Greenhouse, Almanac and the shop items. My idea for this layout actually started with the super cute birds in the wire stamp from Meadow Lark...I wanted to stamp it diagonally on different patterned papers :) The background was misted with Lemonade Mister Huey.

New Grandparents: Another layout that uses a mix of supplies from Field Guide, Perennial, Greenhouse, Almanac, and the shop items. I cut out those 'flower' shapes from the Crate Textile paper in Greenhouse, and I also cut out the insides of some of the flowers and filled them with various patterned papers . My craft knife was my best friend this month :) I also masked and misted with Bonny Blue Mister Huey.

Collector: You guessed it, I mixed up Field Guide, Perennial, Greenhouse, and Almanac again for this page. A bit of a story behind this layout...it was actually the Sassafras exclusive butterfly pieces and the Amy Tangerine camera die-cut that inspired this layout. This layout is about my grandfather and his collections...he collected butterflies, cameras, and postage stamps (which is why I used that postage stamp border sticker ;) hehe). Love this vintage photo of him! I masked and misted the 'sunbursts' of this cool exclusive SC paper with Barnwood Mister Huey and Mister Huey shine.


Jericho Beach: I really love the Sassafras exclusive paper in Field Guide; it makes for the perfect beach layout. I used supplies from Field Guide, Perennial, and Almanac for this layout. The awesome letter stickers for the title are from the Crate Farmhouse alpha letters sheet. The arrow stamp was stamped with Versamark and embossed with mustard Zing.

Now onto my Amy Tangerine mini-book :) This mini is from Almanac and it's so much fun to work with! I decided to title my mini: Little Bits of Happiness. It'll be an ongoing book, so I can fill it with random things that make me happy whenever I feel like it. I mixed up all my supplies again when working with this mini.

I did start on some of the inside pages. My mom was kind enough to hold the book open for me so I could photograph them :) 




Whew, that took a while to write up! Hope you all like Field Guide and I hope you enjoyed my first DT gallery :)

15 comments:

  1. I like that you explain your layouts :) You rocked it this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layouts and mini, Geralyn! You will so love being an aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geralyn u are a crafter star!!!!!!! Words cant describe how i love your projects... haha~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ALL of these layouts! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG all i can say is utter WOW im sure you know i love your work but girl you have outdone yourself here i LOVE every.single.bit.of.everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're a scrapbooking ROCKSTAR, Geralyn! I love every single one of your layouts! Way to hit it out of the park your first month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. First things first - how cute is your nephew? He is gorgeous! These layouts are true works of art, Geralyn! I love your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing projects this month, Geralyn!
    Thanks so much for sharing which white pen you use, too. I was wondering :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all fantastic projects! You rocked that kit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love EVERY single one of your projects!!!!!! I had a ball looking at them in the SC gallery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Geralyn, I just wanted to stop by and tell you that your layouts/projects for your first SC DT gallery are superb. Very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You waaaaaaaaaaay rocked that kit. I loved looking at your pages. Very much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your gallery, Geralyn! Fabulous layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing and so incredibly inspiring, Geralyn :) If I were not at work where Pinterest is blocked, I would be pinning all of these ;)

    ReplyDelete