Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Crate Designer Showcase

I have two layouts that went up on the Crate blog today. It was requested that we keep autumn & Halloween in mind, so I tried my hand at making some Halloween layouts, using some of my favorite childhood photos.

These photos of my brother and I are from 1994 and they're my favorite Halloween pictures ever. Snow White and Batman? Definitely an odd pair ;) I mixed up some Crate Farmhouse and Random, but I also used Studio Calico's ampersand mask and Orchard Mister Huey!

This next page (using only Farmhouse) features an old photo from 1995. Apparently, my aunt sent me that outfit. I think it's hard to tell, but those are candy corn patterned pants, LOL. The shipping tag beside the photo can be pulled out; it has some hidden journaling on my thoughts on Halloween and how we've celebrated it throughout the years :)

School is getting busy busy busy. Hopefully I'll blog again soon!

10 comments:

  1. These layouts are absolutely adorable! I love the color combination for these halloween layouts! The aqua is a yummy touch! I am so loving that ampersand mask with the stitching around it, I need me one of those! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally fab, you've showcased those lovely colours so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cute you were! I love the stitching on the second one, especially along the misted area, great detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layouts Geralyn!!
    I have to admit I feel kind of old when you mention the years-I was graduating from college then!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your layouts are A-MAZ-ING! :) Are you on the design team for CP too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have magic scrappy fingers. :) I love the colors on these layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are wonderful just like always! Your layouts never ever disappoint! I love the big misted & and perfect title with the first layout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Halloween layouts. They are so bright and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete