Sunday, November 27, 2011

Brooklyn Flea is LIVE!

Studio Calico's December kit, Brooklyn Flea, is now live! This kit is one of my favorite main kits to date...such a perfect combination of papers and embellishments. I think my favorite things are the Ormolu tags and the exclusive AC Thickers...I definitely need more of those! I couldn't resist getting all four add-ons as well: Salvaged, Shiny Brite, Snow Cone, and Printer's Drawer. Can you tell I splurged a bit this month? ;) There are some awesome vintage pieces in each add-on too, which are a pleasant surprise! Of course, the stamps are super cool too.

I made four layouts and a mini with the kit and add-ons, and I still have lots left over. I'll be using the leftovers in my December Daily, which I'll hopefully blog about soon :) Anyway, onto my projects!

3: This is my main kit only layout for this month. As much as I love everything in the main kit, I really wanted to focus on the tree stump stamp. There are so many cool possibilities with this thing! I stamped the stamp with lots of shades of blue ink (Teal Damask chalk ink, JBS Speckled Egg, JBS Spice Tin, Broken China distress ink, and Tumbled Glass distress ink) then cut out each image and arranged them around my photos. I also cut around some of the inner rings of the stamped image to create smaller tree stumps and popped them up with  some foam adhesive. The leaves were stamped with JBS Stick Candy and JBS Seed Packet. As for the Ormolu tag, I wanted the tag to be a bit darker shade of kraft so I misted it with Classic Calico Mister Huey, and it was perfect :) I really love how this layout turned out.


Nerd Glasses: I had lots of fun making this Halloween layout. My friend dressed up as a nerd for Halloween, and we had an impromptu photoshoot with each of us trying on her nerd glasses :) I mostly used Brooklyn Flea and Salvaged for this layout, but the black thickers are from Printer's Drawer. It was really easy to make the twine grid because of I used the lines on the yellow ledger paper as a guide, and then a paper piercer to make the holes. For my little journaling block, I used the tree stump stamp with JBS Weather Vane to stamp around the sides to make a cool, funky 'inner' scalloped design :)

Balance: I made this layout using mostly Printer's Drawer, but I pulled something from each add-on and main kit as well. I wanted to document my thoughts about figuring out how to balance all the priorities in my life right now. I made a long envelope using the pink Crate woodgrain paper to hold my journaling card, and I stamped the tree stump stamp using JBS Weather Vane off the edge of the Crate grid paper to make a scalloped design. I also used the super cool starburst background stamp (from Snow Cone) with some Versamark ink and Aqua and Powder zing, then punched out circles so that they would kind of look like pie charts! The layout looks simple, but I'm quite happy with the final result.


Special Christmas: I really wanted to make a Christmas layout, so I pulled this photo from Christmas 2008, one of my favorite Christmases. I used bits from each of the add-ons and main kit for this layout and grey cardstock from the More Grey add-on. I've been wanting to try a layered look. I embossed the cool vintage ornament stamps (from Shiny Brite) with Rouge and Aqua zing and popped them up with some foam adhesive. I couldn't resist using my Martha Stewart snowflake punches for this layout (love them!), even though we were celebrating Christmas in the Philippines ;)


Family mini: My final project for this month is this tiny 3x3" mini-book I made using a mix of the main kit and all four add-ons. I used the JBS foam stamps from Printer's Drawer as templates for my pages, then punched a hole in each page and tied them together with some My Mind's Eye baker's twine. So pleased with this project :) These are some of my favorite current photos, and they make me happy!

I know I shared this image when I posted my sneaks, but I really like how the pages look spread out :)

I cut out a 3" circle with my circle cutter, to make a little intro page before all the photos. Those exclusive Ali thickers? Swoon. I also used the linen background stamp (in Salvaged) with JBS Weather Vane for the background.

I used the starburst background stamp (in Snow Cone) with Aqua zing for this page.

My first time using the Smash date stamp...love it! I'll be using this lots. I also stamped the leaves (part of the tree stump stamp set in the main kit) below the wooden banner to create a border:)

Hope you enjoyed my projects...I had so much fun making them! Definitely check out the design team gallery over at SC too; I peeked at the rest of the DT's projects and they are amazing! One of the best DT galleries ever, I have to say...so inspiring :) Have fun!

6 comments:

  1. amazing! these are all so fun! I really love the mini that you made =)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! I love all the details on the mini and your overall style anyway. so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didnt like the tree stump stamp at first, but after seeing your LOs I am really excited to use it, TY for the ideas, I love your mini album!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layouts are all so interesting, but clean and gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really great this month Geralyn! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete