Monday, December 5, 2011

December Daily 2011: Days 1-3

I managed to work on my December Daily this weekend, so I have days 1-3 to share today. I had fun treating the pages like mini scrapbook layouts! I'm pretty sure I'm going to fall behind on this project and have to catch up later though. Classes have ended but I am currently in the midst of exams, so I have lots of studying to concentrate on. One of my courses has a final paper instead of a final exam, so I'm going to be incredibly busy writing that as well. I am so looking forward to Christmas break!

Day 1: A screenshot of my Christmas board on Pinterest, and some journaling about the start of December and my excitement for the holidays.

Filler page: I'll be inserting some filler pages every once in a while, I think. I'm hoping to experiment and have fun with the filler pages, which will basically be decorative pages that have holiday phrases on them. The reason for this filler page is that I knew I wanted my Day 3 to be a double-page spread, so I needed something beside Day 2. The twine stars was inspired by Elise Blaha's holiday stars project.

Day 2: Our Christmas tree, all set up and decorated!

Day 3: A double page spread about dinner out with my friends.

Have a great day everyone! I'll be spending mine studying, unfortunately. I'll hopefully update again next week, once my exams and paper are over. Bye!

17 comments:

  1. Your DD looks so fun! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! and I esp love your idea of the Pinterest shot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geralyn, I'm in love! Your Merry & Bright page with the stars? Swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your pages. love the idea of mini scrapbook layouts...i sometimes get caught up in wanting an overall look but, i don't have that in my scrapbooks and i so love my scrapbooks so i don't know why i shouldn't have this in my dd as well. thanks so much for the inspiration. now, if only i can figure out how to do a pinterest screenshot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your first 3 pages and the idea of doing more decorative fillers along the way! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun all the way around! Thanks for sharing Geralyn and good luck with your exams and paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your DD is amazing! Can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cool! Love the color scheme...esp that light blue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous pages Geralyn!! Love your filler pages-perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the details Geralyn! Good luck with the rest of your exams.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous, Geralyn! I'm loving the woodgrain, mist, and little stamped houses page. Good luck with your school work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the little bits and pieces you have included! I am such a fan of your style, just had to pop in and share :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The first page is especially pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Always so inspiring. Very unique and beautiful! Best wishes for exams!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love your work! i could probably stare at your layouts all day long :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely!! great layouts! what size is your album? I want to start scrapbooking but 8x8 layout scare me lol yours size pages look really nice to start with...
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete