Monday, December 19, 2011

December Daily 2011: Days 6-9

School ended last week but there's a lot to do before Christmas! This includes Christmas cardmaking, last minute present buying, and squeezing in lots of get togethers/outings with friends before I go on vacation. Not only that, but my dad's birthday is only a few days before Christmas. Even though I'm so busy and my schedule is packed, it makes me happy that my December is being filled with blessings and happiness.

That being said, I've been trying to get in some scrapbooking whenever I have the time. I still have lots of Studio Calico's January kit and add-ons to play with, and I have a few assignments that I need to keep track of. I'm still plugging away at my December Daily too, even though I'm pretty far behind. I'm working out of order, but I plan on posting the days in order so for now, I have days 6-9 to share.

Day 6: Not much happened, so I included an envelope where I'll tuck in my wishlist. The envelope was a plain kraft, so I used two Echo Park and baker's twine brads to create a closure, and then made an envelope liner using some festive red patterned paper.



Day 7: An experiment with my camera and star shaped brokeh. I love the photograph so I kept the page pretty simple because I wanted the focus to be on the photo.

Day 8: My sister and nephew came over to visit, and I got the chance to take some photos. Journaling is about how this is Cam's first Christmas. I was excited to pull out my polar bear sticky notes again for this layout :)

Day 9: A divided page protector and this one documents getting my SC box. I added some punched out stars in one of the pockets.

Here's the back of the divided page protector. The top left pocket has a photo January's kit and add-ons that I got in my box, but I'm a bit scared of SC's super sleuths so I've added a white box to hide the photo ;) 

You can kind of tell that the lighting of these photos are different for different days, hehe. I'm trying to take pictures of my progress whenever I can! I always struggle with finding the right angle to minimize the glare of the page protector when I'm photographing, too. Anyway, hope you all enjoy your week before Christmas! It's crazy how soon Christmas is!

13 comments:

  1. This is so amazing and super fun...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pages! Yes, Christmas is soon, and I hope we can all get everything done, but more than that, I hope it brings joy to you and your readers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bow to thee, O Mini Album Queen! Lovin' that bokeh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning, Geralyn. Simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all such great pages Geralyn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your DD geralyn! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all so awesome, geralyn! Totally love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely FANTASTIC!!! What a great journal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you 4 sharing! It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pages-which punch did you use for the small stars?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looove all the pages, so pretty and so magical! every single details is wonderful! can I ask you, what size is your album? because I am planning to start scrapbooking but 8x8 scare me a bit... and this size look pretty good!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Agus, sorry for the late reply! My December Daily album pages are 6x8.5", and normally I scrap 8.5x11" pages. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete