Saturday, February 4, 2012

SC: Daydream Believer

I've been meaning to blog about my layouts using Studio Calico's beautiful February kit, Daydream Believer, but life kept getting in the way. Better late than never right? The add-ons are now sold out, but the main kit is still available. 

This month, I worked with Clarksville, Lady Lane, and Stepping Stone, along with the main kit. If I had to pick a favorite, it would be Stepping Stone, because along with the fun products in this one, there's the super cool alpha stamps! This add-on sold out super fast, but word on the street is that SC is planning to sell the alpha stamp set separately and it will be available in the middle of this month. You can find out more about that over here. Anyway, onto my layouts.

San Francisco: This was my main kit only layout for this month. I was really in love with the exclusive Sassafras frames paper, so I cut some of them out and printed out tiny photos for the frames. I finally began scrapbooking my trip to San Francisco...lots more San Francisco layouts to come! I need to sort through the rest of my photos.

Lombard Street: I used a mix of the add-ons and main kit for the rest of my layouts. For this one, since Lombard Street is known to be one of the crookedest streets in the world, I thought the exclusive Sassafras zigzag paper was perfect for this page. Love the little vespa stamp too!

Bouchon: See how cool those alpha stamps are? I had fun alternating between the solids and the outline alphas. I also made good use of the JBS tab punch; it's definitely a punch I keep reaching for! I love it :)

Hello Twenty-One! This last layout is a layout for fun, about turning 21 at the end of January. I masked and misted the 1" circles using various Mister Huey mists and used those alpha stamps again. This title for this layout was inspired by this etsy print which I had pinned on Pinterest.

In other news, did you all here about this?
Maggie Holmes is teaching the next SC class and I am stoked! The class can be purchased over here, and the optional class kit can be purchased here. I bought the class kit myself; I've never made an altered book before and I'm excited :)

7 comments:

  1. These layouts are fabulous! They make me want to purchase the SC kit right now! Love how you used the fun sassafras paper, and I agree with you about the vespa stamp, too cute for words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these. I've been looking for inspiration for my San Fran photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get those alpha stamps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're from Studio Calico's Stepping Stone add-on.

      Delete
  4. Love your style ! I got so many inspiration from your gallery on SC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your SC pages are fabulous! I'm now so tempted to sub to SC! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. what awesome pages. and the kit is great too!

    thanks so much for stopping by my blog this week and taking the time to write such a kind comment. i would be honored if u stopped by again soemthine! thanks
    mp

    ReplyDelete