Friday, March 30, 2012

Studio Calico: City of Lights

Isn't Studio Calico's April kit, City of Lights, absolutely gorgeous? :) It really is so beautiful and I love pretty much everything in it, especially the exclusives. Grey Basic Grey alphas, SC/Sassafras papers, bicycles stamp set, super awesome butterfly stickers...need I say more? I had so much fun working with this main kit and the add-ons Sorbonne, Louvre, as well as the stamps from Versailles and Montmarte.

Family of 5: My main kit only layout for this month. Love all the exclusive SC/Sassafras papers. They're beautiful...I cut out the 5, the doodled floral, and the striped border on the side from one of the sheets. I also made good use of my fingertip craft knife all this month.

Reversal: I admit, the thing I wanted the most from Louvre was that doily mask. I misted the page with Custard Mister Huey and put my craft knife to work again to cut out bits of the doily image so I could back it with various patterned papers. The twine title was adhered with my favorite Martha Stewart glue pen.

High Tea: Love love love the doily mask :) I used it with Cameo Mister Huey here and I thought it looked beautiful! I did the misting on the background first and then kind of just randomly started layering things around the photos, but I like how girly this layout turned out to be.

Life is Better with Friends: I knew I wanted to use this title when I saw it as a phrase on the new 'Hey Y'all' Studio Calico stamp set. Just kept this layout bright and happy :) Love my friends.

You are Loved: My last layout is a layout I made for my sister. Just some stamping fun! I stamped the Love You More stamp with Hero Arts' Wet Cement, Soft Brown, and Soft Sand dye inks. I also stamped directly on those awesome Basic Grey alphas with the background stamp from Sorbonne. Can you spot where I went to work with my craft knife again? :)


I hope you all enjoyed reveal the other night and got what you wanted! There is still a little bit of time to shop before the 31st, and I hope you've noticed that the new SC collections are in the shop: Take Note, Abroad, and Classic Calico v2. Don't forget to sign up for Kelly Purkey's Sketchbook class as well! Last day to sign up is March 31st. Happy Friday everyone :)

3 comments:

  1. Your layouts are allllll so fun!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had to tell u I discovered your blog today and you are a creative genius!!! Love your style and design sense. I spent hours going through all your archives-so much fun and better than pinterest! Love,love,love your December daily and Project Life. Your blog goes to the top of my list! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the craft knife action this month and stamping the BG alphas? GENIUS!

    ReplyDelete