Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Studio Calico Story Hour

It's been so busy lately and I completely forgot to schedule my SC post last week, so I've been waiting until I've had some time to sit down and do a quick entry about my layouts using Studio Calico's March kit: Story Hour. I was in love with this month's kit and add-ons as usual!

Friends: My main kit only layout for this month. I've been very inspired by triangles lately.

My Favorite Place: I really loved the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco! I thought it was beautiful there. By the way, that Kesi'art numbers paper is one of my absolute favorites. Love it.

Yummy: Just a fun layout for my sister about my nephew's first attempt at eating solid foods. I did some masking and misting for the larger circles, and I adore the days of the week circle stamp! Just added some confetti to finish the page ;)

I Was Here (click image for a larger view): This was my favorite layout of this month, as I mentioned before! I think it's one of my all-time favorite layouts too. This layout is about all the countries I've been to in Asia. The little file folders were created by attaching a little tab (punched out from the JBS tab punch) to the top of each patterned paper square.

Snack: Just trying something whimsical and fun. I liked the snapshot of my cup of tea and red velvet cupcake, so I decided to scrap it. I definitely have a thing for piecharts, so I included one on this page :)

Explore: This month, the design team each picked an inspiration piece from SC's pinterest boards. I chose this cool quote that I found, and it inspired me to make this page about my love of travel. I love that Crate map paper I used for the background and I decided to embrace the glitter thickers :) I stamped the quote on the Crate accent cut using the super cute alpha stamps from Narrative.

Love: I had some bits and pieces scattered on my desk, so I used them to make a layout about my love of photography. I really love that camera, which was cut out from one of the Kesi'art patterned papers :)

So those are the layouts I made this month. On another note, don't forget to sign up for the latest Studio Calico class, Kelly Purkey's ever popular Sketchbook class! It'll be fantastic :) Happy Wednesday everyone!

12 comments:

  1. I am usually a stalker (!) but I had to chime in to tell you how fantastic this month's work is! Once again your talent blows me away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Nathalie, your gallery this month is amazing!! I went out and bought that tab punch as soon as I saw the "I was here" layout - and maybe I'll book some vacations too :) Thanks for sharing your tremendous creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layouts so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All LOs are great ! But my favorite is definitely "I was here". Lots of inspiration in all of them. Thanks for sharing ! Regards from Hungary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geralyn, every one of your layouts with this kit is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, you really got a lot of milage out of the kit! each one of your pages are awesome! i can not pick a fave. i'm working with my kit now and i am loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything about this post! I just bought the JB tab punch and I can't wait for it to be delivered so I can play! Great work Geralyn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your layouts are absolutely stunning!! great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog! Love your work! Will definitely be coming back to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layouts!
    My favorite is "I was here"!
    kisses from France
    Marie-Eve
    http://lescrapdemarie17.canalblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I am so amazed right now!! Those are some awesome layouts!! Really really beautiful!! I don´t know anything else to say - it´s just that great!! :)

    ReplyDelete