Thursday, July 19, 2012

Studio Calico CHA-S 2012

This year's summer CHA in Chicago is in full swing and today, I get to share with you the projects I created for the Studio Calico booth. Have you all seen SC's new releases on the blog? Here's a link, if you haven't already taken a peek. There's so much to be excited about...I'm loving the colors and embellishments in the new collections, the stamps of course, and the handbook is all kinds of awesome because I love making minis!

First up is a layout using the new Classic Calico Vol. 3 collection. Love the neutral patterns in this line, and I decided to add a pop of red by misting the polaroid frame (hello new love!) with Pretty Pink Mister Huey and handstitching a few things with dark pink thread to highlight them.

Next up is a Yearbook layout. This page came together pretty quickly because it was just so easy to mix up my favorite papers from this collection. I also used my favorite uniball signo white pen :)

Another Yearbook layout! This time, I paired the hexagon mask from the Heyday release with Mint Julep Mister Huey for the background of this page before adding lots of fun papers and embellishments from Yearbook. That little vintage image of the boy hopping is a snippet from one of the Yearbook papers and it is just so perfect because my nephew Cam is a really active boy, haha.

I was super stoked when I found out I was assigned to work with the new Handbook. I didn't have the page protectors on hand last week when I was making my projects, but I did work with the cool inserts. I decided to scrap some old childhood photos, since I scanned a ton of them a few years ago.






Make sure to stop by the SC blog to see what the design team has done with the new lines :) What are you most excited about this CHA?

PS. The In a Creative Bubble Shoppe giveaway is still open in the post below!

8 comments:

  1. These pages are great! And I love your handbook!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Fantastic layouts. Yearbook seems like totally your style. You always sell me on everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love your layots and work. I'm crazy about this Handbook!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos you took of your Handbook...its getting me inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all so wonderful. You have such a knack for using product creatively.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you use color! Great pages!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE all of this! You are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pages, Geralyn! I am drooling over that handbook.

    ReplyDelete