Friday, September 7, 2012

Goodbye summer

I was looking through my calendar the other day so that I could plan out my Project Life pages (I'm currently working on June), and it made me smile to see how busy I've been this summer - busy in a good way. I love summertime, and I have to say, this was one of the best summers I've ever had.

Here's a small compilation of a couple of photos I took in August. August was filled with lots and lots of hanging out with both new friends and old, trying out new restaurants around the city, beating the heat with lots of froyo and ice cold drinks, and celebrating birthdays, including my nephew's first birthday :)

This past long weekend, my family went on a short road trip so that we could relax and enjoy some time together before summer officially ended. It was pretty good :) We hung out at Harrison Lake and Cultus Lake, visited a beautiful garden, and went to see the 6th largest waterfall in Canada. It was a perfect way to end the summer. I shared most of these photos on Instagram (my instagram name is gjoysy), but thought it would be fun to compile them here. I still need to grab some photos from my sister's cellphone but I'm thinking of making a mini-book about this trip.

In other news, I've also been squeezing in some time the last few weeks to work on new journaling card sets for my shoppe, and I finally finished all the designs yesterday! I'm really happy with how they turned out. I'm going to work on finalizing and formatting everything this weekend, and the plan is to update the shoppe on Monday, September 10. Here's a sneak peek of one card from each of the five new sets.

Thank you for coming by. Happy Friday everyone!

PS. Preorders for the Studio Calico/Ali Edwards December Daily now available here :) I know it's only September, but I'm so excited for this! xo.

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos and I absolutely love your journaling cards! Great colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your designs. I'd love to have a fall set of cards with leaves like on these. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are amazing at design! love your summer snapshots. i need to do the same:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love all of your designs!! i really want to start to make my own! you are truly an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO loving your share and those cards look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shots and love the ampersand journaling card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a beautiful photo grid! It's how I've been doing a lot of PL pages lately and it always makes me so happy to look at them.

    ReplyDelete