Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Photos from Japan

I've mentioned before that I had more travel photos from Japan to share, and here they are today. We went to a couple of different cities in northern Kyushu...Fukuoka, Kumamoto, Nagasaki, Sasebo, Dazaifu, and Yanagawa. I really enjoyed our trip and I can't wait until the next time I have the chance to go back to Japan :) I love it there.

Yatai (Japanese food stall) at night.
Kumamoto Castle
The name of this garden has slipped my mind right now, but it was one of my favorites that we visited.
Nagasaki at night.
There's just something about this photograph that I love. I took it in the Atomic Bomb Museum in Nagasaki.
Hypocenter of the atomic bomb, Nagasaki.
Miffy!
I like orchids :)
Boat ride in Yanagawa.
Seriously cool architecture at this Starbucks.
Thanks for visiting. Happy Wednesday everyone!

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! I really love that garden photo! One day i'll visit Japan. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos, Geralyn. I love Japan too and you have visited places I have yet to visit. I will take a note for next year's annual pilgrimage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos! The garden is Suizenji Jojuen Park;) I have not yet been to that garden, but want to go sometime. http://www.manyou-kumamoto.jp/contents.cfm?id=222
    Thank you for sharing the photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's the one! Thank you :) You should definitely go; I was so in awe of how beautiful it is there.

      Delete
  4. I love all of these photos, especially the bright colors and the one of the turtles. I have always wanted to go to Japan, hopefully one day I will get to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, you're photo's are so beautiful!! Japan is still on my to do list...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos Geralyn! I can't wait to make it up to mainland soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your pictures are so beautiful geralyn! i especially love the "unnamed" garden!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great pics! I've been dying to visit Japan. Hopefully soon...

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely photos geralyn!!! It brought back memories of my trip there 13ys ago!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!! You came to Kumamoto!! I'm happy you liked it there:D

    ReplyDelete