Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Project Life: June '12

Hi everyone! Just wanted to start off by saying thank you so much for your support and kind words re: my new journaling cards. Seriously. xo.

I've gotten a few questions on how to stay informed of when I update my shoppe, so I've linked up my instagram, twitter, and facebook accounts on the sidebar, all of which I plan to use regularly. I just opened the facebook page for my blog on Sunday, so I'm still working on figuring out how to use it. But I'd love it if you 'liked' my page :)

Anyway, moving on. Project Life! I took a break from working on Project Life a couple of months ago but I'm determined to get back on track despite being behind. I still love this project because I find it so rewarding to have my everyday life documented. If you're new to my blog, I blogged about my modified version of Project Life ages ago, and I have an update to share today!

I spent a good chunk of this past weekend finishing up June, and here it is. I used my leftovers from Studio Calico's July kit and add-ons (Elmwood Park), a couple of my new journaling cards, Kelly Purkey stamps, lots of washi tape, and bits and pieces from my stash.

Starting off with my monthly divider, as always.


I spent the entire month of June in Asia, so I thought this quote was appropriate. Lots of layering with bits and pieces of my regular scrapbooking supplies mixed with my Korean and Japanese stationary :)

Random no.2 journaling cards in action and the appearance of one of my favorite KP stamps.

I had the challenge of figuring out how I would summarize my short trip to Tokyo. I'm planning to make a mini-book of my trip, so I knew that I didn't need to go into a lot of detail about it here in my Project Life. I decided to dedicate the entire left side of the page protectors to Tokyo, and I chose to highlight the places we visited in the city with one photo from each place.

I made good use of KP's geotag stamp and geotag digital brush (a freebie!) to label my Tokyo photos.

This screenprinted card from Tina's store (Life.Love.Paper) was perfect because I felt like I was in washi tape heaven while shopping in Tokyo ;) Tina has a cool fall edition of the card here.

My second trip to Japan, a 9 day trip spent travelling around northern Kyushu, was even more of a challenge to document. Yes, two trips to Japan in a month :) I'm going to make a mini book about this trip as well, but we did so many things and visited so many places that it took me a while to figure out how I would summarize it here.

In the end, I decided to use one photo from each city we visited + the KP geotag freebie + a list of the places we visited in each city right on each photo. Phew. 

July next! How is your Project Life coming along? Are you behind and catching up like me, or are you up to date?

16 comments:

  1. I love they way you do project life! Do you just do a monthly card at the front of each month and not go by weeks? And what sheet projectors do you use? Are they all 3x4?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my PL is divided monthly, not weekly. I find that it works better for me to organize mine like that! I use baseball card protectors and the slots are 2.5x3.5.

      Delete
  2. what a great job you do with project life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the way you've printed the places you visited straight onto the photo. Great design detail at the same time as documenting the important bits. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! These are so awesome! You're very creative :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your spreads so much! They're really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your page is so bright and happy! I love the colors. Yeap. Definitely behind it and I'm catching up with June too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. new journaling cards? Squee! Love your style--just ordered!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you are doing PL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your way of PL, I was looking for a way that more fit me and I think your ideas are great! Bonus that you sell journal cards :) going to be getting some of those for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do my project life very similar to you and I love seeing ideas for these size sheets! Your work is awesome :) and yes, I am still working on June as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your June inspirations are gorgeous and so inspiring. When I saw them for the first time they so much reminded me of the great last summer.

    Greets end of tenancy cleaning london

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm thinking of starting Project Life... but it seems to overwhelming... >_<

    Do you have any tips? Advice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Find a system that works for you, whether it be 12x12, 8.5x11, or even 6x8. There are a lot of companies that make 6x8 albums with divided page protectors these days if you would prefer a smaller size(Studio Calico's Handbook, Simple Stories).

      If you find two page weekly spreads to be overwhelming, cut it down to one page spreads a week...or even do monthly spreads. There's no right or wrong to this project so it's all about figuring out what works :)

      Jot down some simple notes throughout the week so you can look back on them when you work on your PL, and maybe using a camera phone would be an easy way to constantly take photos.

      Hope this helps!

      Delete