Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Slowly catching up

This past weekend, I pulled out my Project Life supplies (various stamps, a box of paper bits + embellishments, some of my journaling cards, and leftovers from my Studio Calico October kit) and got to work on September's spreads. 

I'm glad that I haven't given up on this and am pleased that I still really enjoy working on this project. I'm slowly catching up too; I finished September this weekend. I do have August to do still, but I figure I'll get to it eventually. I've even begun thinking about next year's PL. I think I'm going to stick with my 8.5x11" format but maybe switch up my monthly dividers. We'll see :)

Anyways, here is one of my pages from September. I've pretty much figured out my PL style after working on this project for so many months... I like to have a mix of full 2.5x3.5" photos, scrapbook-y cards (made from my stash/scrapbook stuff), and printable journaling cards in one spread. Basically, an eclectic mix that is busy, but not too busy ;) Washi tape and stamps are my go-to supplies, and I make sure to add some notes/journaling whenever I can.  

In other news, I just wanted to take the time to say thank you to you all for your support, encouragement, and interest in my small shoppe! If things go as planned, I'll be releasing another journaling card set or so next week, and will have Christmas and Winter themed sets ready by the beginning of November :)

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks amazing Geralyn. You're clearly gifted with the washi tape and stamping. :) Congratulations too on your new shop!
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love your pages. The stamps and colors you use are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since you are doing your own PL style album with baseball card sleeves (me too! I just can't move up to 12x12 after ten years of 8 1/2x11.), do you have that size journaling cards, etc for sale? I just glanced through some of your pages, but they are still the 4x6 size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since the majority of people continue to use 12x12 with the 3x4 and 4x6 slots, my cards are currently sold in those sizes and not for 8.5x11 sleeves. I do include the individual jpgs of the cards which can be resized/cropped; this is what I do for my own album. The 3x4 cards are exactly 2.9x4, and when resized, can be 2.5x3.45 or cropped to 2.5x3.5 (not a big difference between cropping vs. resizing).

      As for the 4x6, in the future I'll try to be mindful of the designs for some of the sets so that people can cut them into one/two 3x4 cards (and thus can be cropped to 2.5x3.5 if necessary).
      An example from the one of the current sets would be: http://creativebubble.bigcartel.com/product/take-note-journaling-cards -> the left side of the numerical 4x6 card can be cropped, and the 4x6 ampersands card can be cut in half.

      Hope that answers your question!

      Delete
  4. always LOVE your PL pages, and so glad you've continued & will next year too! Love the new shop items && cannot wait to see what you do with your holiday/winter lines!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently found your blog and your posts are so inspiring! Love your newest PL page :)

    ReplyDelete