Saturday, December 22, 2012

December Daily 2012: Part III

Can you believe it's almost Christmas?! The days are just passing by so quickly. I'm currently on vacation, enjoying my time traveling and being with family, but I thought I'd pop in to share the last few pre-vacation pages I made in my December Daily. (if you missed the other DD posts, here's Part I, Part II, and Part III).
Click on the photos if you'd like to see them a bit larger.
----------
left: A 4x6 photo at a holiday lights festival with friends.

right: I cut up a We R Memory Keepers divided page protector to create a 4x4 page protector for my DD. I used October Afternoon alpha stickers for the title and there's more glitter tape use here :)
----------
left: This is the back of the 4x4 page. the 'Baby, it's cold outside' card is from the Kelly Purkey DD. I also used a little printable from my Winter cut-outs (the red mittens).

right: I put together another collage of photos in Photoshop and then embellished the right side of the page. The 'twinkle lights' circle tag is from my Christmas circle tags, and I pulled out a few wood veneer snowflakes and stars.
----------
left: This is a photo from the Christmas concert at church. This year's concert was called 'Behold the Star', so the puffy star trim (from an old Studio Calico kit) was the perfect embellishment.

right: I used one of Tina's screenprint vellum cards from her shop and filled the back of it with some loose sequins and wood veneer snowflakes and stars. Then I handsewed it shut and added a Wonderland journaling card to the left with some minimal embellishing. I wrote a bit about the concert on the journaling card.
-----------
left: I love how the loose 'confetti' looks on the page! Beside it, I added a photo of Christmas tree brokeh and I used an Ali Edwards stamp from the SC DD underneath it.

That's all for my pre-vacation pages. I'll be working on finishing the book once I get home. Happy Holidays everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I am still afraid to use my SC kit. I've been journaling and taking photos, but somehow can't get myself to start assembling the pages. But yours is beautiful, and the more I look at other peoples' the closer I get to being able to start mine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an awesome use of those October Afternoon Midway stickers! Love it!

    ReplyDelete