Thursday, January 31, 2013

Project Life: Thoughts on 12x12

If you've been reading my blog, you know I've switched to 12x12 this year for Project Life. It's interesting. I find that I have to concentrate a bit more on balancing out my spread as opposed to when I was using 8.5x11" page protectors. I think it has to do with having different sized pocket slots to use. I am enjoying having the 4x6" slots though and I like that I can put larger, horizontal photos there instead of squishing those photos in smaller slots.

I decided to work on another January spread the other day, using leftovers from my Studio Calico February kits. There were a lot of blues in my photos so I decided to focus on that color and use some of my own printables as well - cards from the Random no. 4 set matched perfectly. I also used stamps and washi tape from my stash, as well as some items from my stationary collection. I took quite a few instax photos and the calendar pocket was the perfect place to put them.

I feel like I'm still learning to use this 12x12 PL size but I think it's going okay so far. Just lots more rearranging re: what goes in which pocket, for 'balance'/aesthetic purposes. I'm happy with how this spread turned out though :)

PS. On an unrelated note, today is the last day to sign up for SC's Bright Ideas class! I've contributed a printable set for the students of this class and I'm looking forward to the inspiration that Nicole and the contributors will bring. Also, the new SC CHA collections are being loaded into the SC shop, just in time for shipping. Shop away!

5 comments:

  1. Look's great! Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your style! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pages are always so awesome. I love your style too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. What a beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete