Thursday, January 24, 2013

Studio Calico Winter CHA 2013

This past CHA, Studio Calico released three new collections and I am in love with them :) There is Here & There, Snippets, and my personal favorite, Sundrifter. Word on the street is that they'll be available in the SC shop really soon,so keep your eyes peeled! I had the chance to create some layouts for the SC booth at CHA as well, and I wanted to share them here.

First up is my layout using Here & There. I love the bright and bold colors of this collection. I used my Cameo to cut out the heart design for the back and I played around with mixing some of the fun patterned papers. Those strips of dot paper on the top and bottom of the page? They're from the Boston patterned paper - I think that's my favorite paper in this collection!
Here's a close-up of the alpha stickers...I used some foam adhesive behind them so they would stand out more.

Next up is my layout using Sundrifter. The soft colors and pretty patterns are gorgeous...perfectly paired with this photo from my recent beach vacation. I love using grid papers as the background of my layout, as you can see on this page. I cut out some of the squares and backed them with a couple of the  different patterned papers. 
I love that there are flair badges in this collection :) The alpha stickers are also fun because they come in various shades of pink to create an ombre effect.

Last up is my layout using Snippets. This line has a lot of great, basic patterns which are really versatile. I was assigned to use the brads in this collection (they are super cute!) so I decided to play with a tone on tone design using the brads and patterned papers. I created the wonky circles design in Photoshop and cut it out using my Cameo. Can you tell how much I love my Cameo? Love that it helps me be more creative on my layouts.
 The new charcoal sketch thickers are awesome!

That's all from me :) What are you favorites from this CHA?

ETA: If you'd like to download the cut file for the wonky circles, you can find it here. Enjoy! Please give credit if you use it and I'd love to see how you use it - link me up if you do!

22 comments:

  1. Super adorable layout! I love the last one the best. Any chance you'll be sharing the wonky circle cut file?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me double check that I still have it and I'll figure out how to post it :)

      Delete
  2. Your background cut files are amazing! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and I can't wait to get my hands on the Here and There Kit. Will these be in major stores as well (JoAnns, Michaels, HL, etc)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure! I think there are usually SC product sightings at Archivers but I'm not sure about the other stores. Perhaps you can send an email to SC (info@studiocalico.com) to inquire about it.

      Delete
  4. adorable layouts and thanks so much for the cut file! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got my box this week....can't wait to dive in! This is so inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your layouts, especially the last one is totally amazing!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been loving your cut out backgrounds! I made a heart one myself yesterday but I'm new to the machine and it was really thin. I tried a wonky circle and couldn't get it all to weld. Thank you SOOO much for yours, I look forward to using it and showing you what I made.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you share the heart cut file, or some instructions on how to do it? I'm new to silhouette and I've still got a lot to learn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't share the heart cut file because I purchased it from the silhouette store. Basically I duplicated the heart circle shapes multiple times, made sure they were touching and then welded them together to create the background!

      Delete
    2. Cool-- I'll have to play around with welding, I haven't got that figured out yet. Thanks!

      Delete
  9. Your layouts are giving me so much inspiration. And thank you so much for the cut file.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for the cut file. it's beautiful. I can't wait to use it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for the beautiful cut file. I've used it twice and linked back to you from my blog.
    http://spendlesscraftmore.blogspot.com.au/2013/07/what-i-did-with-my-holiday-kit.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing your cut file :) I'm looking forward to using it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks so much! love the whimsy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for the cut file ! i shared the link here : http://fr.pinterest.com/lemondedis/freebies-fichiers-de-coupe-svg-gsd/

    ReplyDelete