Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Studio Calico: Spencer's

Studio Calico's April kit is released today! Subbers can shop the presale now, but links to the kits won't work for non-subbers until midnight EST. You can all check out the digital section though, lots of new cut files and printables; I'm especially fond of Tina's Currents printables. So awesome.

This month, I worked with the main kits (Scrapbook, Card, and Project Life) as well as a couple of the add-ons...Front Porch Blend, Daily Grind, and Latte. If I had to pick a favorite, it would be Daily Grind for the houses stamp, Cosmo Cricket tags, and the Basic Grey die cuts and transparencies.

I put those kits to work and made 10 layouts and 3 Project Life spreads :) Bear with me, this will be a long post. Here they are (love how the DT galleries are revealed early now!):

I used the speech bubbles in the main kit as masks and colored around them using watercolor pencils. The same effect can be made using regular watercolors - the SC shop has some Nicholson's Peerless Watercolors that look amazing.

I wanted to play around with misting and splattering for this one. I stuck to an orange, yellow and green color scheme to match the photos. I really liked scattering the brass stars and the love stamp from the card kit

I made good use of a bunch of old family photos that I had scanned a long time ago. Love the woodgrain paper in the Front Porch Blend add-on and I wanted to keep the same design of the paper, with just some embellishing inside the polaroids. 

Love love love the houses stamp in the Daily Grind add-on. I colored it in with watercolors

An old photograph of my mom :) I love this one. I wanted the layout to be feminine and girly so I found a lattice background cut in the Silhouette store and cut it out with my Cameo

This rainbow Glitz paper is bold and saturated, so I decided to cover up as little of it as possible to let it shine. I also handstitched in between the stripes using different colors of DMC thread for a bit of extra detail. The sentiment from the card kit was a perfect match for this layout - I heat embossed it on the Cosmo Cricket tag :)
Japan is one of my favorite places in the world and I wanted to document it. The Amy Tangerine paper was perfect and I outlined the cities at the bottom with my favorite uni-ball white pen.

A watercolor background to match the photo + a handwritten title. This is a pretty straightforward layout. I love sunsets :)

My favorite layout this month! I found the quote on Pinterest (here) and knew it would be awesome for a page. I did the text and alignment in Photoshop, then saved it as a PNG and traced it in the Silhouette software to cut out with my Cameo. If you would like the .studio file, you can grab it here for free :) I'd love to see how you use it if you do, please! Link me up :)
Old*New
My nephew, playing with toys that my siblings and I used to play with when we were little. I find that so cool :) I went heavy with the white Mister Huey splatter on the navy cardstock. 

Phew, now onto my Project Life spreads. I worked on March as the month went along and am happy to say that I'm pretty much up to date. 


I'm pretty much obsessed with Tina's Currents series so if you didn't grab her Currents stamp last month, you should definitely get it! I used it on my second PL spread and I had to stop myself from using it on everything. It's graphic and awesome.

Hope you get what you wanted! Happy shopping.

14 comments:

  1. Your Project Life layouts are always SO awesome! Pinned!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layouts are inspiring! Love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your layouts are amazing, thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your layouts as always! I especially love how you scan and use old photos of your family on your layouts. Gotta do that one day since I have so many memories from childhood. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each LO i looked at i thought now i love this one, then the next one scrolls down and i love that too, loved every single one and the PL as well. I have only just ordered that currents stamp cant wait for it to arrive,

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are amazing. You are über talented. Thanks for rocking the 8.5x11 size and sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your pages. You have inspired me to try PL. Thank you for the Cameo file.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you so much ! i shared the link here : http://fr.pinterest.com/lemondedis/freebies-fichiers-de-coupe-svg-gsd/

    ReplyDelete