Friday, March 29, 2013

Vacation Handbook: Misibis (Part I)

Hey everyone! I finally got around to finishing a new travel mini-book and I'm sharing the first half of it today :) I decided to use the Studio Calico handbook system because it's the perfect size; it fits a lot of pages and has divided page protectors. I did a lot of pre-planning for this mini-book. Since I like printing my photos all in one go at Costco, I needed to pre-plan my pages a bit and decide which photos I'll be printing and what sizes they need to be. It took more time, but it was worth the effort in the end because there's a higher chance of me finishing a travel mini if I've already planned it out.

This book is about a family beach vacation last December, so I used a lot of Sundrifter, my favorite of SC's new collections. The colors and patterns are perfect for a tropical vacation! I also pulled out some older SC retail collections (from Heyday and Take Note), bits from my stash, and washi tape. I used printables from my Adventure collection as well.

Here we go! I'm in love with the floral oilcloth album - the pattern is gorgeous and the album is great quality. I used a printable circle tag for the slot in the center.
I designed the label for the spine in Photoshop, then printed it out and added a chipboard geotag (from a past SC kit).
The cover page is a Here & There album insert. I love the look of tone on tone with the sequins on the polka dots, and the photo is a random instax picture I took during the trip.
I used some of the Sundrifter album inserts as dividers between each day on the trip. 

Thanks for visiting! I'll be back next week with the second half of the mini-book. If you have any specific questions, you can leave it in the comments and I'll try my best to answer them :) Happy Friday and enjoy your Easter weekend!

24 comments:

  1. Wow, this album is more than great! I love, love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely amazing! I'm not a mini album girl, but I pinned this one and you have me wanting to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, i have to make a mini album for my son after his trip to New Zealand so i was just popping in to buy your new travel/adventure printables when i saw this. Now i am really inspired.
    Thanks Geralyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome album, Geralyn!

    I am going to be starting a album too, and I love to see how you did yours and use that for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Geralyn. Another great post! I love this mini album. Can't wait for Part 2!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous mini album! I love your style :) I can't wait to see the rest of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love your minis, and this is no exception! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE THIS! one of my favourite albums among those I've seen on the internet :) <3 <3 <3 your work geradlyn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutly great! I love this - you created a great album of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been absolutely LOVING your pages!! I have a random question...how do you organize your supplies? Or do you just sit down with your kits and go to town?
    Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have limited storage space, so I store kits in big 2 gallon ziploc bags and they go in a plastic storage box. I do have other miscellaneous supplies outside of kits and they're stored in all sorts of places in my room, lol. When I work on a project like this mini-book, I pull out supplies I know I want to work with beforehand and get to it! That way I don't slow myself down by looking for supplies here and there while I'm working.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much for sharing :) I really appreciate it!

      ps. Such a good idea to grab everything beforehand. It sure would save me a lot of time... ;)

      Delete
  11. What a beautiful album!! Looks like you had a great time:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really loving your album! Can't wait to put our together from our Hawaii trip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fonts are your favorite? I was also wondering which ones you used for the spine of your book. Thanks for all the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the spine, I used Thirsty Rough, Sanchez, and Orator.

      Favorite fonts is hard! I'm a sucker for good fonts :) Ones I use the most often are Trend, Orator, Thirsty Rough, Bebas, Bombshell Pro, and Deming...off the top of my head.

      Delete
  14. Love your lbum. Great details, photos and balance. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE your album!
    so much inspiration to be had !!
    Thank you~

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a gorgeous album Geralyn.
    I have a question about the paper clips you used, are they just for decorative purposes or do they hold something together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The paper clips are a bit of both purposes you mentioned - I used colored ones so they'd be more decorative, and the 4x6 page protector slots are a little larger than 4x6 so I used the paper clips to make sure my photos/cards don't slide out.

      Delete