Thursday, May 23, 2013

Random Facts

I've mentioned it before, but I've been participating in Studio Calico's past April class - This is Me - taught by Lexi Bridges. It's basically a class about making a handbook/mini-book about yourself. I decided to keep this project low key and work on it whenever I have the time to. No pressure on having an end date to complete it or anything. So far so good. I have ideas on how to fill it and am slowly crossing the pages off my list!

This is one of the intro pages I made for my book, which I'm also sharing on the Mama Elephant blog today. I put some of their new stamps to good use - particularly the Filigree, Sunny Skies, and Midnight Letters sets. I also used some things from the This is Me class kit (the journaling card, washi & wood veneer), my This & That printables (circles & labels + tags), and my stash (sequins, paper, and the felt bow paperclip). If you have any other questions in particular, let me know in the comments :)


In order to keep the doilies subtle but visible, I heat embossed them using white embossing powder and then painted them in with watercolors. It's kind of my favorite technique at the moment.


I plan on writing the random facts on the page beside this, which is why there are none actually on this layout, ha. Just in case you were wondering ;) Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

  1. the doilies are so amazing! gorgeous art work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your watercoloured filigree - think I'll have to buy this stamp set and give this a try.

    ReplyDelete