Friday, July 19, 2013

TOOLBOX Blog Hop!


I'm really excited to be one of the teachers for the upcoming Studio Calico Toolbox class! We've been working hard behind the scenes to get everything ready for the class, and it's looking awesome so far. The class projects? Insanely good :) 

Here's a bit of info from the class description: 
Fill your crafting toolbox with cool tips on stitching, mixed media, misting and digital from four technique masters. Amy Tan, Celine Navarro, Geralyn Sy and Shanna Noel will each spend a week in August teaching you the ins and outs of their favorite techniques.


  • 12 PDF lessons - posted M-W-F starting August 5th
  • 4 technique videos
  • 8 step by step technique tutorials
  • 36 class projects - layouts, cards, Project Life spreads and mini albums
  • 4 new sketches posted each week
  • class message board and gallery
  • technique challenges from your teachers throughout August

  • You'll also have access to some amazing digital files, including digital papers from Studio Calico, a template from Catherine Davis, printable stitching templates from Amy Tangerine and Hello Forever, digital stamps from Shanna Noel, cut files and printables from In A Creative Bubble (me!). Below are some of the files...you can view all of them here.

    I'll be the teacher for the week on misting, and we'll be doing some fun stuff with masking. We'll also learn how to do a resist technique and I'll share some other mist ideas. I used to be wary of mists, but after playing around with them, they are awesome, versatile, and can add a punch of color to any project!

    Here's a quick photo I snapped of one of the class die-cut files in action - as a mask! A silhouette cameo isn't necessary for the class but it's a fun option to be able to cut your own die-cut masks like I did here.

    And here's a sneak of my project with the resist technique. I pulled out different shades of blue Mister Hueys for this layout :)

    Studio Calico is also running an awesome promotion: through July 24, every student who signs up will be able to pass on a FREE spot in the class to a friend. This includes the students that are already signed up - the codes will be emailed out on 7.25.


    I also have a spot in the class to give away right here! All you have to do is leave a comment on this blog post telling me your favorite mist color(s) ;) (For the record, mine are currently Dewey and Shine!)
    I do hope you'll be able to join us in the class. You can check out what the other teachers have to say over on their blogs:



    Amy Tan | Stitching 
    Celine Navarro | Mixed Media 
    Geralyn Sy | Mist 
    Shanna Noel | Digital
    and here are the contributors! 
    STITCHING CONTRIBUTORS : Patricia Roebuck | Sasha Farina | Jen Jockisch | Becky Novacek
    MIXED MEDIA CONTRIBUTORS : Stephanie Bryan | Lisa Spangler | Marcy Penner | Anna-Maria Wolniak 
    MISTING CONTRIBUTORS : Dana Fleckenstein | Jill Sprott | Nicole Reaves | Dani Flanders
    DIGITAL CONTRIBUTORS : Catherine Davis | Barbara Picinich | Stephanie Washburn | Tina Aszmus

    If you get lost on the blog hop, just check back in at the Studio Calico blog. See you in the classroom!

    47 comments:

    1. I am registered !! I can not wait !
      Love the Shine mist too !!!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Shine is my current fave and will forever be my fave. No other Mr Huey more versatile than that and I LOVE SPARKLE

      ReplyDelete
    3. I love buttercup and sherbet! Thanks for the chance! :)

      ReplyDelete
    4. Love the previews of this class!

      ReplyDelete
    5. My favorite colour is custard at the moment...

      Greets Nicole

      ReplyDelete
    6. My favorite mist at the moment is Mister Huey's "Boss Lady"! I don't have so many but this seems to fit to every project I make :D

      ReplyDelete
    7. ATM, my favorite is...IDK...I need to use my mists more. I definitely need the class. LOL.

      ReplyDelete
    8. mon favori est le noir, pour faire des taches;
      Merci pour cette chance de gagner ce super cadeau bizzz

      ReplyDelete
    9. My favorite mists at the moment are Heidi Swapps Color Shine Mists in Mint Green, Teal and Gold.

      Tiffany J.

      ReplyDelete
    10. My favorite mist color is the Mister Huey's Audrey right now.

      Crossing my fingers to get a spot in the class, the mixed media and the mists parts sounds so interesting.

      ReplyDelete
    11. Can't help but keep it classic I can't get enough of Mister Huey's in White I used it for EVERYTHING I'm crafting. Thanks for the chance.

      ReplyDelete
    12. I'm new to this craft medium so I don't have a favorite yet. If I get a place in the classroom, hopefully I will learn all the possibilities!

      ReplyDelete
    13. I would have to say Water Cooler!

      ReplyDelete
    14. This class looks amazing! I love my mists so much it's hard to pick a favourite! Today I would have to say Plum Thumb, Buttercup and Lunch Tray.

      ReplyDelete
    15. Love blizzard makes everything shine!

      ReplyDelete
    16. I love my Dark Calico mist and also a good white mist.

      ReplyDelete
    17. I have been using a lot of the silver. It is a great shade of grey and then white, white, white...

      ReplyDelete
    18. I tend to use a lot of blue mist. Thanks!

      ReplyDelete
    19. I absolutely love the neon mists!

      ReplyDelete
    20. I love my Mister Hueys but right now my favorite mists are my Colorshines - in gold, mint green and primrose

      ReplyDelete
    21. I'm loving Honeydew and always Blizzard White

      ReplyDelete
    22. I haven't used mists enough to have a favorite but I am partial to yellows and teals.

      ReplyDelete
    23. I don't use mists often enough to have a favorite but I love the look and possibilities of them! Hope to win a spot so I can learn.

      ReplyDelete
    24. I love Shine too! And Navy is another favorite!

      ReplyDelete
    25. My favorite mist right now is custard. Would love to win a spot in this class. Need help with misting!

      ReplyDelete
    26. I love using the neon mists! I would love a spot in this class.

      ReplyDelete
    27. Love your sneaks!! Cannot wait for this class, thanks for the chance to win!!

      ReplyDelete
    28. This class sounds like fun!
      I don't own a lot of mists because I'm not too sure about them.
      Out of the ones I do have, my favorites are Honeydew and First Kiss.
      Thanks for the chance to win :)

      ReplyDelete
    29. Thanks!!! My favorite mist for the moment is Gold from Heidi Swapp.

      ReplyDelete
    30. Love all your designs, Geralyn! My go-to mist is still Shine! Thanks for the chance to win!

      ReplyDelete
    31. Thanks for a chance! I love Dewy!

      ReplyDelete
    32. This class looks like so much for!!
      My Fav. right now has to be Gold and Silver!! I love, love, Love them!!
      Thanks for a chance to win!!

      ReplyDelete
    33. Would you believe I don't own a single mist?? I am too nervous to try them...this class would be perfect for me!

      ReplyDelete
    34. Your sneaks look awesome! Sounds like a great class! I love piglet and shine mists (together actually!) Thanks so much for the chance to win!

      ReplyDelete
    35. I love Gold Lame and Primrose!

      ReplyDelete
    36. I love shine & teal. thanks for the chance to win.

      ReplyDelete
    37. dewey and lunchbox are mine! and then shine on top for some sparkle!

      ReplyDelete
    38. I love the look of the shine mist! But I only have a few mists so I would like to try more. I hope I can win :)

      ReplyDelete
    39. I'm in love with the Mr. Huey's white! Awesome mist.

      ReplyDelete
    40. Clay is such a cool mist and I like leaf green also. I only have a couple, I need to learn more ways to use them.

      ReplyDelete
    41. My faves are Gold & Sweet Cherry!

      ReplyDelete
    42. I love Opaque White and First Kiss... and Skyscraper. It's hard to choose just one!

      ReplyDelete
    43. J'aime le turquoise, toutes les nuances de turquoise, du bleu au vert, surtout quand la teinte est claire.

      ReplyDelete
    44. I don't use mists enough to have a favorite, but I do lean toward softer colors such as clay. I wonder why I bought the neon mists? Love the way you worked the blues in the circle grid.

      ReplyDelete
    45. There isn't anything better than Opaque white, but I also love Classic Tan! Thanks for the chance at a great class.

      ReplyDelete
    46. i put pinstripe on almost everything but i'm loving the navy that i just bought.

      ReplyDelete
    47. The white seems to be my go to color. Love it!

      ReplyDelete