Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Weekend Adventure: Road Trip!

Summer is my favorite season, and I'm sad to say goodbye to it as fall approaches. As a sort of last hurrah for summer, my family and I decided to go on a road trip to Okanagan Valley this past weekend, where we enjoyed the beautiful weather and quality time together. The above photo and the photo directly below were both taken on the road - though the drive was long, the views were pretty amazing! I loved seeing the forests and mountains up close, as well as the lake right beside us for part of the drive.

Somehow, we managed to spend a lot of time eating during this trip! I didn't mind ;) We visited a weekend farmer's market and bought organic fruits and tried some fun food like 'spud stix'.

We also spent time by the lake. The sight of the gorgeous blue waters made me really happy. We didn't get to go kayaking like we hoped because the waters were too choppy by mid-afternoon, so we ended up relaxing on the beach.

One of the things I was most looking forward to was fruit picking! We went blueberry picking earlier this summer, but at the farm we went to this time around, we got to pick peaches and pears.

And of course, we visited several wineries in the area :) It was my first time doing some wine tasting, which was a fun experience! Not only did we enjoy the wine but we also enjoyed the beautiful scenery. Definitely lots of picture-worthy moments here.

The last time I was here was when I was a little girl, so it was awesome to come back and make new memories of this place. It was definitely a good weekend filled with family time, sunshine, food adventures and wine - a perfect end to summer.

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos as always, and it looks like you enjoyed a wonderful way to wind down summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos!!! Can't wait to see what you do with them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh Geralyn! So happy you got to play for one last weekend before the summer ended. The Okanagan (specifically Kelowna) is my old stompin grounds and we were also just there visiting my parents. I can't quite get the winery right, were you at Quail's Gate or somehere along the Naramata strip? Hope you get to visit again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not familiar with the Naramata strip so I'm not quite sure where we were, but the wineries pictured above are Dirty Kitchen, Mission Hill, and (the view from) Thornhaven :)

      Delete
    2. Oops, I meant Dirty Laundry!

      Delete
  4. Lovely photos--especially that first one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos! And the type in that first one. What font is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually a photo template from Paislee Press!

      Delete
  6. gorgeous shots! that place look dreamy! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the 'spud stix, we have them in Wales as well but we call them Chipstix. they are delicious.

    ReplyDelete