Friday, October 11, 2013

Project Life: Road Trip Insert

Remember the road trip I went on? I decided not to make a separate mini-book for it and instead, document our adventures with layouts to include in my regular scrapbook. There were tons of photos from the trip and I got a chunk of them scrapped with my SC October kits (layouts can be seen here), which was great. I have more vacay photos to scrap still, but more on that another day!

I wanted to make sure that this trip would be in my Project Life as well. Since my Project Life is kind-of monthly and our trip took place at the end of August & beginning of September, I opted to include the trip as a PL insert. I used Design F for the first time, and I love how many 3x4 slots there are :)

Here's the front of my insert! I used quite a few of my own printables, Skipping 5 puffy stickers and Studio Calico wood veneer, Kelly Purkey stamps and alphas, and patterned paper, washi tape + misc embellishments from my stash. 

I specifically had this trip in mind when I was designing my On the Road journaling cards, and I'm so happy I finally got to use one of them here. And how cute is the geotag puffy sticker? I've used up almost the entire set because I love them so much.

The mountains/scenic view journaling card is from this set, and the beach circle tag printable from here.

I printed out my photo as 2.25x2.25 so that it would fit inside my journaling card, and I added a little arrow puffy sticker to finish it off.

Here's the back of my insert! I love that I got to include so many photos from our trip. For each day of the trip, I dedicated one journaling card with a brief summary of the events of the day.

I brought my instax camera with me on this trip and my favorite way to include instax photos in PL is to simply use washi tape + patterned paper :)

This journaling card is actually from my school cards, but it totally works here. The cool watercolor sticker is an old one in my stash from a past Amy Tangerine collection.

Glad I could cross this off my ever-growing to-do list. Next thing I'll be tackling is my December Daily from last year, lol. I'm being really optimistic and am going to try to finish it this weekend. We'll see! Happy Friday everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Fab insert, I have Design F pages as well, so this is great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is a gorgeous spread! Love the skipping5 arrows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! Love everything about this! Can I ask you where the "A Weekend Adventure" and "Lovely View" digital brushes are from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I slightly altered some Paislee Press photo templates! From here: http://the-lilypad.com/store/pictures-words-no7.html

      Delete