Thursday, October 17, 2013

Studio Calico: New Layouts!

I made these layouts a little while ago and I forgot to share them, so here they are today :)

First up, in an attempt to use my washi tape collection, I pulled out a couple solid colors from my stash that coordinate with SC's Thataway collection. I wanted to document something happy, so this layout is about enjoying some cold desserts in Miyajima this past summer. The printable circle tag is from my shoppe over here. I'm still slowly making my way through vacation photos - I still want to make a mini-book but that's on the back burner for now...

This next layout is a simple one about my nephew, one of my favorite subjects to scrap :) It was my first time trying out letterpress with SC's awesome letterpress supplies, and I immediately fell in love with it. As a big fan of stationery and pretty paper, letterpress has always been something I admired. I think it's so cool to be able to do it at home without a gigantic machine! I did a blind impression with the alpha plates, and only inked up the 'h' and 'i' for this layout. The speech bubble was handstitched to add emphasis. And yes, I did use some more washi tape :)
You can see the details better from the side. I love how deep the impression is! 

That's all from me today. I've been busy playing with Studio Calico's November kits so you'll see those projects at the end of the month. If you haven't already, you can check out the sneaks over here! This kit is a good one, you guys. I got to contribute some PL cards and my first(!) stamp set in one of the add-ons, and I'm so excited for you to see it all :) Thanks for visiting today!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my, your nephew is the cutest little thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layouts, cutie patootie nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love!! You did an amazing job and love those adorable pics!!!

    ReplyDelete