Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Studio Calico Blue Note

Today is reveal day over at Studio Calico, which means that the new December kit is live! Blue Note is now available to subscribers, and the full reveal for everyone happens tonight at midnight EST.

SC is ending the year with a bang because Blue Note is definitely one of my favorite kits this year! Although it's a December kit, the colors are bright and happy, and you know how much I love color :) There's also a special collaboration with Mama Elephant again for the card kit + add-on's amazing stamp sets, which is why I got everything - couldn't resist! You'll also find several of my journaling cards in the PL kit and the PL add-on :)

As always, I'll start with my layouts. Here's what I made:

Cheers *Main Kit Only*
I used a combination of some old snowflake punches and my Silhouette Cameo + the Winter cut files I designed for the snowflakes I arranged on the page. I love the puffy dots + stars in the main scrapbook kit!
My grandpa's 100th birthday! This definitely needed to be scrapped. I use my Cameo to cut out the big 100 and backed the numbers with some of my favorite patterned papers. The birthday themed stamps in the card kit were so perfect for this page. 
This was my first time seeing my grandparents' wedding photo, and I wanted to get it down on a layout. The background was created with the digital stamp brushes and I used my Cameo again to cut out the letters for my title. Even my mother was impressed with my Cameo and all that it can do, and I've barely scratched the surface with the machine's possibilities! Love it :)
One of my favorite topics to scrap - good eats :) I'm a big dessert fan and we had some delicious ice cream waffles when we were in Australia this past year. I used the alpha rub-ons in the Sinatra add-on for the title, and I love that they are white with pops of color! 
A pretty simple layout but one I'm quite happy with! Love these photos. The vintage postage stamp stickers have the cutest designs, and they're in the main scrapbook kit.
Yes, another food layout :) We ate an amazing lunch at a winery with a beautiful view! I've been experimenting with some layering these days - I can never pull off tons of layering but I do like to add a bit of patterned paper behind my photos for pops of color.
My aunt sent us a CD of old photographs, many we've never seen before. Among them was this gem - a photo of my parents from the 80s! I cut out the ampersand from a PL card in the PL kit and painted it in with watercolors to match the color scheme of the photograph.
This was a really simple layout to make thanks to Catherine's digital template this month! She makes the coolest stuff. 
This layout took me the longest to make, but I'm really proud of the end result. It was one of those moments when I get crazy idea in my head and I just run with it... Tina designed a really cool ampersand cut file, and I thought it would be awesome if I could use it for photos. So I took the PNG version of the file and brought it to Photoshop, where I tinkered around with it to make it a digital template. I added some photographs (it was kind of hard to find photos to fit the triangular shapes, which I guess I didn't think through!), then printed it out on Epson paper. I used my xacto knife to cut out some of the shapes so I could back them with patterned paper. Then I cut out the ampersand cut file with my Cameo, and used that as my guide for where I'd stitch to recreate the design!
Played around with creating a wonky grid for this layout. I really love the navy that's included in the kits. I'm almost out of that Basic Grey navy chevron paper in Bennett, which I'm kind of bummed about. It's so beautiful and I used it a lot on my projects! 
More Cameo fun! I didn't realize I pulled it out so much this month. The text is actually one of the stamps in the card kit. I used the digital version and enlarged it so I could cut it out with my Cameo. That navy + gold foil star paper? It. is. amazing. Seriously. You can find it in the main scrapbook kit
I am a Pinterest addict, and one of my Pinterest boards is dedicated to quotes and sayings. I love pinning words that inspire me and sometimes I look through the board for layout inspiration. The travel quote I used on my layout is one of my current favorite ones. 

Next up, my Project Life spreads. The Blue Note Project Life kit is one of my favorite PL kits this year. Even better than last month's Cuppa PL kit, I have to say. Every single one of the cards are ones I want to use, and there is a great mix of embellishments! Here's what I made:


If you made it all the way to the end of this loooong post, good job and thank you :) Hope you love the kits as much as I do! Don't forget to check out the digital section for some coordinating goodies. There are also a couple new shop items like new letterpress plates + geotag puffy stickers (I'm all over those - going on my travel projects of course!).  Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Your work is so pretty! It's because of you that I became a Studio Calico fan!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always adore your projects! Thanks for the inspiration, they're gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rarely comment but your layouts are always so so so amazing!! Every one of them goes in my "to scraplift" file.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much inspiration. Seriously live your style.

    ReplyDelete