Thursday, December 12, 2013

December Daily 2013 // December 1

It's kind of crazy that it's two weeks until Christmas. Two weeks. I feel like this month is just passing by so fast and I wish time would slow down a bit. I've forgotten how busy December can get, with regular routines and schedules, plus holiday events, more get togethers, and quality time with friends and family. It's been a good kind of busy though, and that's something I'm really thankful for.

Anyway, I have a bit of my December Daily to share today. December 1st! I mentioned before that I won't be documenting every day of December, but just the holiday moments and events. The 1st of December turned out to be quite eventful with a visit to a local Christmas event, so I ended up with a two-page spread and a 4x8 insert.


Here's the left side. I used a printable from my Holly Jolly no.1 cards, embellishments from the Ali Edwards/Studio Calico December Daily kit, a card from the SC 25Days class, and a few word stickers from an old Authentique sheet.

Here's the right side. Lots of photos and one 3x4 slot for a star transparency (from SC's Blue Note scrapbook kit). I stuck a Rifle Paper Co sticker in the middle of transparency; I'm a bit obsessed with this stationery company :)

Here's the 4x8" insert I made to highlight our Santa photo. I used a page protector that has two 4x6" pockets. I added my 4x4" Santa photo to the top slot, then sewed and trimmed off the extra two inches down the length of the page protector. For the bottom slot, I sewed it to create a 3x4" pocket (for the hohoho wood veneer from the December Daily kit - love!) and a 1x4" pocket (for sequins and wood veneer). After I added the confetti, I sewed that 1x4" pocket shut so that they won't fall out. Hopefully all that explanation makes sense :) I'm really happy with how it turned out because I knew I wanted to pair the 'hohoho' wood veneer with the Santa photo!


Some close-ups!

Not all days will be like this, obviously. I have some events & moments documented with just one page, and I'm fine with that. I do like the option of mixing it up and adding inserts when needed though! I'll be back soon with more to share...thanks for visiting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment